Anyone heard of First and Main Pty Ltd?

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by hudbry, 22nd Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. hudbry

hudbry Well-Known Member

Hi there everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has heard of First and Main?
    I attended one of their seminars on investment strategies etc etc where they offer advice and of course their services (finance, strategy etc etc). I've attended a couple of these seminars from different companies in the past to purely glean info from them and have never been tempted to take any further.
    My wife and I already have a few investment properties which we've researched, sourced, arranged finance for on our own, but as with everything we are pretty time poor these days with kids and jobs.
    Considering trying these guys out to see how they work out but wanted to do some research on them first.
    Has anyone got any info, experience about them? I'd be really keen to hear from you and have your thoughts.

Here is their website:
    First and Main

Cheers in advance.

2. Klea88

Klea88 New Member

Hi there,
    Did you end up finding out any more information about first and main?
    Do you think they are legit?
    We went to their talk this week and it sounded appealing. Any feedback would be great,
    Many thanks

3. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

What are they licensed to advise on?

4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

I saw a investors club menu login. Wasnt it renamed property club ? Google the media on that.
    That said... I also saw a menu option of SMSF and then this

We are primarily facilitators our company does not hold a Australian Services Licence (AFS) or any other licence.

Last edited: 19th Nov, 2019
  5. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Let me guess, they recommend house and land packages/brand new properties and are a one-stop-shop for all the legal & finance side of things?

Archaon likes this.
  6. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Warning warning

Lindsay_W likes this.
  7. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

sounds like they took two streets, First Street and Main Street(road) and made a company name out of that.

8. fols

fols Well-Known Member

9. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Services – First and Main

3. Research

This step can take a long time and is where the real leg work is done. However, by using First & Main’s resources, you can leverage your time and let a professional researcher achieve a better result in a shorter time. Astute investors begin their search by using strict investment criteria. This includes criteria such as land content, location, proximity to schools, shops and transport and other physical features about the property that affect future capital growth. All developers who have an association with First & Main provide these valuable demographics. Our developers invest heavily in their projects and only do so after careful and extensive use of growth predictions from professional research companies such as BIS Shrapnel, Residex, Real Estate Institute of NSW & Aust, ABS and the Home Price Guide. First & Main then through our own independent research gather knowledge from local agents to make our own assessment of capital growth potential and rental yields. Combining these broad overviews with “on-the-ground” localised knowledge provides our clients with a competitive advantage when buying investment property. First & Main is also able to access “silent listings” where developments are not advertised to the general public.

5. Selection

Once you have reviewed all the properties within your parameters and selected the most suitable property from a short list, we will provide a contract setting out the conditions for the purchase. This could be for a house and land package, duplex or an off the plan apartment.​

Lindsay_W likes this.
  10. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

The only place you need to look for for education on property investment is this site. Zero cost, zero risk of being duped.

KateSydney, Archaon, Terry_w and 2 others like this.
  11. Lindsay_W

Wow, if that's not enough evidence to make you want to RUN then I'm not sure what is :eek:

12. Lindsay_W

Terry_w likes this.
  13. Paul@PAS

ASIC would / should address this behaviour. It may well contravene many laws concerning Financial Advice and accountants, real estate agents and brokers providing smsf financial advice. Seminars. Sounds spruikery too.

14. fols

fols Well-Known Member

Which ones?

15. Paul@PAS

PIPA = Plastics Industry Pipe Association of Australia or Property Investment Professionals of Australia. Those pipe people can be trouble !!

Some professional bodies are less than others. Some can join decent industry bodies to get a element of legitimacy. Others can be absolute champions of pursuing best practice. Like a wolf dressed as a sheep they can infiltrate the flock. How do you tell who is the good one ?

Media Release : Industry bodies join forces to issue spruiker warning|Property Investment Professionals of Australia