Anyone have experience with Think & Grow Group?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by propertyaulover, 20th Feb, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. propertyaulover

propertyaulover Active Member

I appreciate anyone who can provide feedback if it is worth to sign up a $5,000 Property Option course.

Recently I came across a seminar which sounds similar to Mark Rolton's Property Option seminar. This guy name is Ray Behan and I did a bit of research, it look like he was with MJB Seminars before this.

Basically, his "program" is $5,000 which included a lot of training videos and legal contract which the student can use(Not sure if it is legally OK). In addition, he "promise" to help the student to get the first deal!

I meet few of his students in the seminar and apparently they were there to ask for his help. What I heard from his "students" is he will give a lot of excuses when they asked for help and never get any Property Option deal done. Besides that, he started to introduce more "programs" to his student and sucking more money from them.

I like to hear more story if got any.

Thank you

2. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

After hearing all that, your still listening?

S.T, Skinman and Terry_w like this.
  3. PandS

PandS Well-Known Member

save 5K take a nice holiday you get better value for money :)
    investing in properties and shares is pretty simple if you want to keep it simple
    and stick to the golden rules of money, you save lot of money and you get better return because there is no friction cost

you don't need to spend extra on courses, buyer agents, advisors, broker recommendations and a whole host of helper that dipped in your pocket
    the more they dipped into your pocket , the lower you return, simple maths

4. propertyaulover

Haha. I think I am too desperate for extra cash but kind of lost of direction. I am looking for a hope I guess...

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Why do you consider that using an option is better than proper due diligence for a purchase? Are you looking for development sites (may not be the right time of the cycle in Syd/Melb). $5k buys a fair bit of legal expertise if you need to use an option.

ellejay likes this.
  6. PandS

PandS Well-Known Member

When I have time to I re-tell a story by Warren Buffet about the stock market and it applied just as well in properties and it will makes you think all those friction cost :) that a story I can write tonight

7. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

You could employ a top property barrister cheaper than that!

8. propertyaulover

@Scott No Mates One of the point he made was "No money down" or in other words, lesser cost compare to the normal property investment strategy.
    To answer your question regarding proper due diligence for a purchase, I have not enough money to buy an IP, so I am looking for a way to earn more money before I can start to buy IP myself.

9. propertyaulover

I guess all those motivation coaches targeting desperate and idiot like myself by telling all the wonderful stories but without facts or proof. The worst is I still believe there is a slight chance for me to success! :(

Terry_w likes this.
  10. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

11. Trainee

What do you want, exactly? You want to learn how to do it? This is the place. Or do you want sympathy?

This fake self flagelation is annoying.

12. S.T

S.T Well-Known Member

Hope is not a good investment strategy.

13. Andrew Allen

Andrew Allen Well-Known Member Business Member

From the website bio for our option hero referenced by OP's first post. It's a cracking read.

He also has a deep understanding of quantum physics, neuroendocrinology, neuroplasticity and reality......

It's more new age, "The Secret", "What the bleep to we know'' wizardry than the traditional property option magic and mirrors it would seem.

Options are hard work, wonderfully unsuited to anybody gaining experience from scratch or needing no money down deals as they don't have much money :) Much more powerful to offer cash for a property!

Better than options courses in my view is just trying direct approach yourself to smaller development sites with a view to a standard offer, plenty of people do this by letter but nobody does it very well and considering the payoffs it's a good idea for someone with the moxy, however it takes courage and work which is different to attending a seminar which is not really taking action.

Terry_w likes this.
  14. propertyaulover

Thank you for the advise. What I want is start property investment but I not sure how or where to start with little cash on hand. I tried to get loan to buy an old block with plan to subdivide but the bank rejected my application. Then I tried P2P loan but the amount is not enough for sub division

15. Trainee

Spending less than you earn is not an option because.....?

Beano and Terry_w like this.
  16. propertyaulover

Well you may think I am big spender. But I am not. I used to have more cash flow in a few other investment. Unfortunately, I have a son with disability now and the treatment cost is very high. One of his treatment is costing me at least 60k p.a....

I must admit I was panic and just rushed to cashout my shares and forex for his first 2 years treatment and now I am worry how to afford his future cost.... That why I am thinking to generate some income to cover the hole.