VIC Anyone familiar with Braybrook VIC?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Dan29, 28th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Dan29

Dan29 New Member

A couple of town houses I like here and not too far from the city but don't know the area myself, any insight?

2. Redwood

Redwood Well-Known Member

Love Braybrook.

Why?

Cause I donot discriminate.

I have invested in this area for a few years happily.

I happily advocate on a townhouse development in this area. I have done my own analysis and developed my own "5 reasons to buy" in Braybrook. FYI I also love Footscray.

Here is a little bit of detail to assist your question.

Note these are the views of Redwood and you may not agree. As an investment area, proximity to the city is key, this area is revitalising...the below is an extract from Redwood report and of course should not be reproduced. A disclaimer applies to this information that the information is general and cannot be relied upon or construed as financial product advice.

Why Braybrook?

Braybrook has emerged as the hot suburb in the west on the cusp of big change that has been driven by proximity to the city, population shifts, economic factors and its untapped potential.

For anyone that has focused on the Western growth corridor, we have seen an explosion of investment, with investors continuing to chase the amazing potential of Braybrook with proximity to the city, strong capital growth and consistent rental yield.

Put simply, Braybrook’s proximity to the city is its greatest advantage. All suburbs in Maribyrnong Shire have experienced revitalisation in recent years with new developments springing up everywhere and housing remaining affordable for home owners and investors alike. Further, the population includes a majority of renters which has resulted in low vacancies and strong rental yield.

“Braybrook is a pocket of Western Melbourne where buyers are starting to discover its potential.”

Redwood’s demand factors

Bryabrook has many features that make it attractive for intra-state, interstate and overseas migration and the residential investment that follows:

· Close proximity to the CBD

· Fabulous lifestyle destination

· Continued high population growth will have a positive impact on future property demand;

· Strong overseas and interstate migration influenced by factors such as the proximity to the city and affordable housing

· Strong economic conditions

· Well-developed social infrastructure including hospitals, schools, tertiary education facilities and recreation amenities.

These factors support the long-term performance of residential property in Braybrook.

Hope that helps!

Cheers Ivan

Notlad Samoht and The Y-man like this.
  3. infocus13

infocus13 Member

If your budget allows, you should look at Maidstone. Closer to the city than Braybrook and has some really nice pockets. Closer to Highpoint and the river as well. Some beautiful walks and lots of revitalisation happening around the river between Footscray and Maribyrnong Roads.

4. Kai41314

Kai41314 Well-Known Member

Can you point out the nice pockets in Maidstone? Would like to look into it.

5. Pins

Pins Well-Known Member

Bray brook was identified in research completed by Tony Vincent (ex prisons commissioner) for two Christian charities recently as being one of a handful of suburbs over contributing to the state's prison population. So I guess you need to be cogniscent of the type of tenants you might be looking at

6. tone1

tone1 Active Member

The best part of the suburb is the northern housing which faces the Maribyrnong River, quite a lot of development going on there now. Otherwise, I'm not a fan of the suburb at all. Doesn't have any street appeal, lacks the period housing of surrounding suburbs which would contribute to growth. Maidstone and Sunshine are far better options.

7. Johann_

Johann_ Well-Known Member

Braybrook is an underrated area!!!.

Yes the demographics are not the best for the time being but this will change. Footscray had a bad stigma but look at it now (Prices through the roof).

8. chunho01

chunho01 Well-Known Member

I would like to know this as well.

9. infocus13

infocus13 Member

South of Ballarat Road (bordering with West Footscray) and streets bound by the "rectangle" of Ballarat Road, Rosamond Road, Havelock Street and Wattle Road.

The factories/crap at the end of Emu Road, Verdun Street, etc ate getting demolished and replaced with a park, and new residential and commercial/retail pockets plus some new streets.

Stay away from the further parts of Maidstone - near Ashley Street (very ordinary streets) and the new developments off Hampstead Road (concrete shoeboxes).

Hope this helps.

pianissimo likes this.
  10. pianissimo

pianissimo Member

Houses around Hampstead road got a gigantic telecommunication tower's view.

11. infocus13

infocus13 Member

Yes, good point. Not a fan of the developments off Hampstead Road. I reckon in 5+ years it would be a different story once that whole section of Maidstone is gentrified a bit. At the moment there's nothing going for it.

You could buy the same stock (new duplex townhouse-type property) in the quiter/more established streets in the pockets I've described above for roughly the same price.

12. chunho01

chunho01 Well-Known Member

But I had a quick look, it is still cheaper in that development plot that you described.

What is the main reason for avoiding Ashley St/Radio St area? The one beside the golf course?

13. infocus13

infocus13 Member

14. tone1

tone1 Active Member

That is a very strong result. A lot of townhouse development in that part of Maidstone.

15. infocus13

infocus13 Member

A question for developers on the forum - what kind of development would that Maidstone property support? Zoning is GRZ3. Just looking for a general answer (i.e. how many townhouses, etc).

Thanks

16. KoopaTroopa

KoopaTroopa Active Member

I love how this thread is now nothing to do with Braybrook haha!

I'll just chime in with what I thought were GREAT results for Braybrook...

Listed for $650,000 - $695,000 but sold for $750,000 http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-braybrook-120189449

and just this past weekend this one was listed for "more than $410,000" but sold for $518,500 http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-braybrook-120226541

I think Braybrook is following Sunshine into hard-to-buy territory...soon it will be minimum $500k for standalone houses, just like it is minimum $550k for Sunshine standalone houses

17. Redwood

Whether the thread is about braybrook or not - it doesn't matter - all of the discussion above supports Braybrook as a place to invest (by mentioned the surrounding suburbs going up the highway), I recommend Braybrook for good reason, its a bloody good place to invest with all the fundamendals, most importantly 'revitalisation' which supports the change of image of Braybrook from the stigma it represents.

I chuckle seeing the listing on maidstone above, I recall when my cousin sold a property down the street - what seems like yesterday for $100k, this proves that proximity to the city is the dominant factor to impact your investment decision. One things for sure - and something I have been saying for years - the western growth zone is the place to invest, look at Footscray for the last two years....

Big fan of Braybrook ....

Cheers Ivan

18. KoopaTroopa

KoopaTroopa Active Member

I hope you didn't take some sort of offence...?

I was just laughing about how I clicked the thread coz it said "Braybrook" and all of a sudden it's all about Maidstone (which is a suburb I like too).

19. Redwood

Mate - no offense at all, the topic deviated to maidstone etc, which are impacted by the same fundamentals as braybrook.

Cheers Ivan