Health & Family Anyone else use a Water dental flosser?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by therealAusting, 1st Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kassy

Kassy Well-Known Member

This is handy information! Thanks all!

I use piksters but I am tempted to get a water flosser. I have had a crown at the back on the bottom and can’t get floss or anything between it and the next tooth but it always feels like something is stuck there. The crown has actually fallen out and I am getting a replacement (under warranty), I don’t want to get that ‘food stuck’ feeling again though. I will check with my dentist, I am seeing her Thursday.

2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Lately not at all. I am just using a toothbrush and inter-dental brushes. When I was using it, I used it once a day. Lately I have been feeling like I need to get it set up again.

3. Chris Au

Chris Au Well-Known Member

Interesting, I could imagine as everyone takes out the busyness/hassles/anger of the day as they brush!

4. aussieB

aussieB Well-Known Member

Slightly agree. I would think its more the number of rotations per second of the electric toothbrush. A manual would probably do 2 - 3 strokes a second on a tooth where as the electric ones do much more. And yes, if you are angry while brushing you just hold the brush against your teeth damaging them even more.

Chris Au likes this.
  5. Chris Au

For sure, yes, the ease of use of the mechanical toothbrushes, combined with the number of revolutions would certainly lead o damaging the enamel. Something for consideration.

aussieB likes this.
  6. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Yes I have the Waterpik, the ~$110 one from Chemist Warehouse.

In terms of brands, they are one of the best if not the best. You would have the basic model though. The next model up features a larger reservoir so you can do you whole mouth in one fill.

Flossing is probably a little better, but this is FAR better than doing nothing, and you're more likely to do it. I use mine in the shower every morning and night. I like it.

7. Chris Au

Hey, well there's the reason to purchase. If it's better than brushing alone, and easy enough that you find it easy enough to do twice a day then all good.

8. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I agree, this is how I justified it.

I regularly do it 2x per day. I used to floss 2x per week previously (if that!).

Chris Au likes this.
  9. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

far out, so now you have to brush, dental floss AND pressure clean your teeth@

luckyone likes this.
  10. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

I used waterpik for 1.5 months. And honestly it’s an absolute rubbish. My dentist also belives, current water flossing technology, regardless of brand, is rubbish.

That said, I don’t usually floss. So having waterflosser and using it is better than nothing.

I add salt to water, so it has anti bacterial properties.

11. therealAusting

therealAusting Well-Known Member

I agree one of their models is a bit ordinary but 2 are quite ok. What model did you get?

12. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

My dentist told me years ago to only floss the teeth I wanted to keep.

datto and orangestreet like this.
  13. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Actually I think you do need to. You need to clean that area below the gum level.

14. datto

datto Well-Known Member

The last time my dentist made a joke about my teeth I laughed and told him "another wise crack and your teeth will be like the ten commandments...all broken" lol