Anyone done fluid limestone in Perth?

Discussion in 'Landscaping' started by Sue1980, 26th Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sue1980

Sue1980 New Member

A noob here. Any help or pointers is appreciated. I am looking to get fluid limestone around my pool. Heard a lot of good things about it. I think its also called liquid limestone.. Been doing my research and came across Roger. He's the owner at Stylish Outdoor Solutions up north near Clarkson I think. Firstly, has anyone used them before? If so, do let me know if they're any good. Also, what are the prices? Being my first home, I'm worried of potentially hiring cowboys to the job and end up redoing stuff. Got burnt before and hoping it doesn't happen again :(

2. Handy Andy

Handy Andy New Member

Hi Sue,

Yes, you are correct Liquid Limestone is another name for the material you are referring to. It's a great material, very robust, great weight-bearing properties and can give a Mediterranean feel to your home.

I've not hear of Stylish, but could recommend a company called Concrete Driveways Perth. To see their prices, check out: Concrete Prices Perth - What rates should you be paying?

Good luck :)

3. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I am house sharing and the owner put this product in the backyard in place of paving. I am guessing it's around 15 years old. I really like it. I don't think it has worn at all although it has weathered in nicely.

4. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Is liquid limestone a WA thing? Haven't heard of it in Melbourne...

5. Perthguy

I don't remember seeing it in Melbourne.

Actually, it is available in Melbourne LimeCrete Paving and Landscaping

6. Skuttles

Skuttles Well-Known Member

We have it at our place, would recommend it over reg paving, essentially it's just cream concrete I believe.
    Pros- Able to walk on barefoot even on scorching days. No weeds. No settling over time like poor paving can do.
    Cons - if you need to get under it (eg plumbing services) you're in for some hurt. End of the day it still looks like (fancy) concrete.

Chomp likes this.
  7. Perthguy

Not at this place. Here it is concrete with crushed limestone in it. It looks very similar to real limestone. It does not look or feel like concrete at all.

8. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

I dealt with these guys a few years ago, they did an excellent job and price was competetive; this was to finish off a reno for a property that was being sold on inglewood/maylands border. from memory dealt with Jamie Easy Pour Liquid Limestone Perth Western Australia

9. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

I used liquidime stone perth around 2011 to finish off a project in maylands/inglewood. guy I dealt with was Jamie and he was good, would be worth calling hI'm.

From memory there are are few rival companies with very similar names

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.