VIC Any thoughts on this West Essendon property?

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by Kjulez, 26th Aug, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kjulez

Kjulez Member

Hey,

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-townhouse-vic-essendon+west-134019942

I posted about this in another thread, I think it was the wrong place to post, hopefully I get a response here, my other post was also probably a bit TLDR worthy :D

I have never been one for a main road but I just really like this house. I would want to live in it for a bit and keep it for ever but also rent it out at some stage and I just don't know how it would go as a rental. Probably not great to have that spa thingy due to extra maintenance.

But anyway, in case anyone feels like commenting, what do you think of it? Will it attract renters?

I have no idea how to find out this sort of thing (is a house like this easy to rent out) without asking an agent who if they want to sell me the house is obviously going to say "oh people will love it, they won't care about the main road, you'll get $600 a week no problems"!!

I think there is nothing around at the moment and I am grasping at the only thing that appeals to me price wise and in the general area I'm looking.

2. rizzle

rizzle Well-Known Member

I have a property in the area.

Nice property but buckley st is quite noisy and busy, and the nearby valley acts as a bit of a sound amphitheatre which this property might catch some of the extra noise from. This property is at the front. I would hope you are a heavy sleeper if you live here.

The Y-man likes this.
  3. Kjulez

Kjulez Member

Thanks rizzle. Yeah I really like the property but in reality I don't think I'll be able to get past the fact it's on the main road. It is a bit set back a bit from the street but the yard is at the front too. Good point about the noise echoing from the valley just nearby.