NSW Any recommended suburbs in NSW?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by KTJH, 4th Nov, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. KTJH

KTJH Well-Known Member

I’m still new in the IP world and need some guidance from all the experts here. Could anyone help me suggest a few suburbs in NSW that have investment potential?
    My current criteria are:
    - established house with land
    - within my budget of under $500k
    - quality and long-term tenants (families perhaps)
    - can generate positive or break-even cashflow (I’m looking at 85-90% LVR to save some cash for another IP after this)
    - reasonable capital gains (I understand it won’t be anywhere near as somewhere within the CBD)
    - high rental population and low vacancy rate
    - goal is to hold equity

Suburbs I’ve been considering are Orange and Mudgee, but obviously I still know so little about where to invest.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!

2. Branden

Branden Well-Known Member Business Member

There aren't too many places within NSW that you could buy an established house sub 500k. You may be better off by expanding your search outside of NSW in order to wider your pool of potential areas to invest in. 500k would still be sufficient to purchase within half an hour of Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth. Have you considered looking interstate?

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I've got a herd of unicorn in my stable as well as a flock of dodos & two thylacines in a big run on my acerage.

I'll sell them cheap. :rolleyes:

Branden likes this.
  4. ParraEels

ParraEels Well-Known Member

5. KTJH

KTJH Well-Known Member

Yes I have. I bought a H&L package in Bethania and just after I got building approval, I got a letter for compulsory acquisition to expand the railway tracks. I’m sorting it out now with early acquisition etc. but that’s for another topic I suppose.

I keep hearing people talking about Logan but I wonder if it’s becoming too saturated now.

I figured I would give NSW a try to see what I can find. Do you recommend not to buy in NSW with a lower budget?

6. Branden

I still think Logan has a lot of value for investors. It is not that purchasing in regional NSW is a no-go, I just believe there is greater value with your budget in other metro markets for this price point. For example, you could have spent 500k in Moreton bay 12 months ago and have seen significant growth since then. Today, 500k will still get you a quality property in smaller metro markets.

7. KTJH

KTJH Well-Known Member

Thanks for your input.

Do you think Buyers Agents are worth it in the case of not fully knowing where to buy?
    Referring to those Buyers Agents who charge a fixed fee instead of a percentage of sale price.

8. Branden

I believe the right BA can provide a lot of value to an investor for multiple reasons. Particularly for people who are time-poor, new to property investing, or foreign to a particular market. With this said, my opinion may be bias and you as the investor need to determine whether you see value in the service they provide.

KTJH likes this.