VIC Any recommendation for nice modern suburbs in Melbourne/ Vic

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by SuperWoman, 11th Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. SuperWoman

SuperWoman Well-Known Member

Hello property experts...

I really need advice.....I have a budget of 1.3M

However, I would love to buy a forever home in Melbourne.

I go in the city once a week and I would love to live in a new home. However, I don't find the estates very desirable. At the same time, I don't like to live in suburbs where most of the houses are very tired and old.

What are some of the estates that are middle class and also spacious as well with decent blocks?

I have an open mind......please share any suburbs that you would recommend to me?

2. Andrei9

Andrei9 Member

How many bedrooms are you after?

3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

It's a bit subjective - where have you looked and didn't like? It'll give us some ideas about what you are looking for / don't like....and whether it exists or not...

The Y-man

Joynz likes this.
  4. Andy2022

Andy2022 Well-Known Member

Kinley could be good choice

5. SuperOlaf

SuperOlaf Well-Known Member

In your budget, I would look at decent size infill developments within established suburbs - all new and nice within the estate but land size will be on the smaller end. You can check out Harcrest Estate in Wantirna South as an example.

6. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

"I don't like to live in suburbs where most of the houses are very tired and old."

If it is your forever home then this is probably the best place to buy. You dont want to be on the outskirts in new estates.
    Buy a renovated or new place in an inner or middle ring suburb (they cant be that bad). Wait ten years and the rest will be renovated too. In the meantime, enjoy your own place.

Joynz, momentum26 and Sackie like this.
  7. ashftc

ashftc Well-Known Member

I am travelling in the same boat and have similar budget looking for exactly the same stuff however I am keen to buy a block of land and then build myself. Kept 600k for land and 750k for construction. But I couldn't find something I can be absolutely sure of. There are some new states in West Melbourne (Mt. Atkinson in Truganina, Harpley in Werribee). Commuting is not that bad, under an hour in most cases. Prices are relatively cheaper then east and south east of Melbourne. Not sure how these suburbs are. I live in Sydney and waiting for lockdown to over so I can come and have a visit.

Some other member also suggested me this but I guess the state is sold out. There can be some individual who'd be selling the land in future but nothing atm.

Again, another member recommended me Kinley too. Spoke with sales person yesterday and they'd be having another release April/May next year, nothing at the moment. All their lands are fixed price which means they won't be increasing the land price in their upcoming releases which is a good thing. This I believe is on east side but commuting to city will be challenging on public transport I believe. Over an hour.

Please let me know if you find something else of interest. Right now, I am just short listing suburbs/communities which I can come and visit and then decide. Looking for a new state and modern construction for my forever home.

8. momentum26

momentum26 Well-Known Member

Does it have to be new estates only? Would you consider established property which is near new say under 5 years.

9. lil85

lil85 Well-Known Member

Check out Sanctuary Lakes and Alamanda in Point Cook too. Very rare to get a land. But you might be able to get few years old home

ashftc and saray4 like this.
  10. saray4

saray4 Well-Known Member

One more vote for Point Cook..

ashftc likes this.
  11. ashftc

ashftc Well-Known Member

Is Werribee a good option? 10 minutes away from Point Cook. Not much land option available in PC.

12. The Y-man

13. ashftc

ashftc Well-Known Member

14. The Y-man

See the first post in that thread I linked ;)

The Y-man

15. ashftc

ashftc Well-Known Member

Thank you :)

16. lil85

lil85 Well-Known Member

I used to live in Point Cook. New estate in Werribee felt so far away. Maybe different feeling when u live in there

17. ashftc

ashftc Well-Known Member

Thanks for your feedback :)

18. HonestShiba

HonestShiba Well-Known Member

Based on some of the wisdom in that thread I'm leaning more towards keeping it and leveraging into the Brisbane market now ;)

OP, for your situation I agree with some others in this thread. Sanctuary Lakes in Point Cook (probably the most expensive estate in Point Cook) may be suitable for you. Head down one weekend and have a drive/walk around the estate. It may impress you

19. SuperOlaf

SuperOlaf Well-Known Member

If you can wait a bit, worth checking this one out.

Knoxfield

20. ashftc

ashftc Well-Known Member

Location seems good. Why the wait though? Is it a government residential project? Do you have any more info then website? Sorry for so many questions and appreciate your sharing.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia