QLD Any movement in Ipswich Brisbane??

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by investar83, 27th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. investar83

investar83 New Member

Has there been any movement in Ipswich Brisbane of late??? I am hearing stock on market is moving quicker and rental seems to be tightening. Any one having any luck with growth??

2. qonyx_sydney

qonyx_sydney Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of the Ipswich area. Yields are good.

I have also noticed that it hasn't really had much CG improvement since the 2011 floods.

Does anyone know the reason? Is it oversupply?

3. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

I think the supply is tightening and as an Ipswich investor I am very happy with the steady growth. But you do need to be aware of the tremendous amount of land still available for development out there - no scarcity.

6 per cent yields on nice properties, yes.

4. qonyx_sydney

Thanks Heinz, are there any areas that you would specifically avoid (asides from the obvious like flood prone areas/properties)

5. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

And probably not:eek: near the Dinmore meatworks...

6. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

HTW Property Clock August 2015, puts Ipswich as rising market
    upload_2015-8-28_14-26-0.png
    Then Ipswich House median (source:Residex data) is a 7% decrease in last 12 months, ending June 2015

I guess I missed out on a 'rising market', can't wait till a 'booming market' ( sarcasm intended)
    upload_2015-8-28_14-27-26.png

7. qonyx_sydney

There seems to be something funky happening with either the metrics or the actual location.

If it is the total Ipswich LGA then you could understand the statistical volatility due to the large swathes of relatively new property that may contribute to the skewed #s

Does anyone have any opinion on whether the volatility is because of the characteristics of the location (ie. high crime or unemployment deterring people one year and not the other) or are these numbers not statistically reliable due to properties in the new estates?

If you take a specific suburb snapshot you don't have the same volatility but you still don't the average CG growth compared to Brisbane