QLD Any idea on Pallara, QLD as an IP?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Rofel Bernardino, 16th Aug, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Rofel Bernardino

Rofel Bernardino Member

We're looking at buying a H+L in the new estate getting built in Pallara, QLD. Does anyone know the area or any surrounding suburbs? I've read that there will be lots of infrastructure built around it and close to Parkinson and Calamvale which has had good average growth. Is it a good suburb to invest in?

2. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Depends on the individual developer, as well as the wider area I would think. We act for Penfold Property Group and they aim theirs at owner occupiers. I'm not sure we actually ever get investors on their sales. That to me makes a better investment then going down the road where the estate is full of investors. I know land is becoming harder to buy (at the right price anyway) for developers in the area, but don't know about supply over all.

3. Rofel Bernardino

Rofel Bernardino Member

I know Stockland alone has about 700 odd land which they released. But there are also other developers such as Ausbuild which acquired some land in Pallara too. Either way, could this meant Pallara is still a good spot to get an investment for long term growth? I'm not familiar with the Brissie market, that's all. Happy to buy and hold.

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Established property . Middle ring. Add value potential .

Forget HnL in massive supply areas.

5. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

If H&L suits your financial situation and investment strategy, and you're willing to trade yield for Capital growth potential, then Pallara is the place to be. You are paying more to be in the Brisbane council area than if you bought in Ipswich or Logan, which wont be entirely matched by higher rents, but it's pretty well the last big pocket of land left in Brisbane.

6. Rofel Bernardino

Rofel Bernardino Member

Yes, willing to set and forget. And hope that the Brisbane property market will eventually increase to make this choice worthwhile. H&L package allows us to maximize tax deduction and as far as yield goes, hopefully there's enough rental demand once the development plans in Pallara finishes. Hoping to mirror what happened in Rochedale in 2011 which will make Pallara
    an attractive suburb in BCC! Keeping this fingers crossed!

Tom Rivera likes this.
  7. Singhalyash

Singhalyash Well-Known Member

What kind of rent .gov be expected from 4 Vedder?

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.