Any good customization Data sources?

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by ask2000, 26th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. ask2000

ask2000 Member

Hi All,

I usually look for following data (for a particular suburb):

- Vacancy Rates
    - Median Household Income
    - Avg Rent
    - Gross Yeilds
    - Sales volume
    - Days on market
    - Supply vs Population trends
    - Suburb occupants (OO vs IPs)
    - 'For Sale price' trend

I've been using different sources; mainly RP data, SQM, Pricefinder et all.

Do we have any good data sources where we can customize our search and cross check trends eg: co-relation supply vs population, income vs avg rent et all?

Also keen to understand what all other websites people use for their research.

Thanks in advance

Cheers - AK

2. PropDir

PropDir Well-Known Member Business Member

Hi AK - as relevance to this topic, you can try PropertyDirector.com.au for research, which pretty much covers everything you noted, including vacancy rates, median house hold income, median rent, rental yields for all suburbs, sales volumes, detailed suburb demographics, capital growth going back 30 years, and more.

You can compare up to 6 suburbs at once using both a line chart and tabular format - attached are a few examples to get an idea.

Feel free to PM me if you got any questions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 21st Jun, 2020
  3. ask2000

ask2000 Member

@PropDir Thank you. Can we customize this data? For eg: If we need to find corelation between Days on Market vs Sales volume?

4. PropDir

PropDir Well-Known Member Business Member

Hi AK - to get correlation between 'Days on Market' and 'Sales Volume', you can access 2 reports - the Days on Market report (attached) and the Peak Selling Months report (attached) - as can be seen, this gives you the data to identify correlation between DOM and Sales Volume (per month).

Having said this, we do offer help to customize data - you can email us at [email protected] after you subscribe, and we can help you gain some custom insights based on your requirements.

Attached Files:

5. ask2000

ask2000 Member

6. What does the fox say

What does the fox say Active Member

Those metrics on it's own won't be enough, you need to consider how much developable land there is in the area, how much development applications have gone in the last 18 months; there's also timing the capital gains curve; how much has it actually made and are you essentially investing in an area where you are on the tail end of it's run? You need to be more methodical otherwise you won't be able to shortlist well enough with the above.

7. ask2000

ask2000 Member

Offcourse, the list goes on. This was just an example. As per my thread, I was NOT looking for components, but was looking for customizable data.