Any good company or affordable company to improve the lawn and slope - Algester, Brisbane?

Discussion in 'Landscaping' started by shreyas joshi, 19th Nov, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. shreyas joshi

shreyas joshi Member

What are the good companies that can do lawn and make my backyard slope gentle in Algester, Brisbane?

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Google turf suppliers or take photos and HiPages. Bobcat or hand remove all turf, Re-shape and re-lay. $15m2 PLUS...depends on soil, turf type etc. If landscaping and retaining is need its extra. IMO watch grade and quality of soil AND turf.

3. Paul Harry

Paul Harry Well-Known Member

Hipages is about as useful as a watering your garden in the rain. Couldn't even get one person / company to give me a quote on a Colorbond fence recently.

But definitely getting someone like a landscaper should be able to help with the lawn.

4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

I had a handful. Within 48hrs. March. If you seek this now you probably wont get far. Its "holiday time" in the world of landcape. I waited out last summer.

There is a whole industry of turf installers who are a lesser form of landscaper who do jobs for turf farms and even sub to landscapers. Landscapers may be more inclined to take on $20K + jobs and hard features / plants etc where a turf installer may clear old grass, reshape & levels and lay topsoil and new turf. Your local turf farms or large(wholesale and trade) landscape supply stores etc may be a good source. Another benefit is they will get fresh cut turf not through a supplier so its cut that very same day. Now probably isnt best time to lay new turf as heat of summer is just commencing.