Cars & Motorbikes Any Electric Car Enthusiasts Here?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by standtall, 12th Nov, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Revving your engine in a 30 zone is just silly. I only rev my engine in 40 plus zones, or when old man neighbour from across the road comes out and tells me to **** of with my noisey cars. :D

Seriously though, sitting around in traffic and revving your car is just dicky. But my neighbour did come out and tell us to **** off with our cars recently. My mrs old man has a murcialago and he has had the exhaust valves permanently open. And it is very loud just cruising up the street. Upsets old man neighbour when he comes past.

Being a car person I love a great sounding car. Let’s not confuse loud with great sound though. Some cars are just loud. Others have a glorious engine note. And as @euro73 has mentioned about his C63s, that is one of those great sounding cars.

when your spending so much money on a car you must really appreciate automotive brilliance. Most car people aren’t buying these sort of cars just for attention. But let’s not fool over selves and say we don’t want attention. Everyone wants attention on some level. That’s why many people buy nice brand name clothes , shoes and spend time and money trying to look good. It’s all for attention. I’m sure there’s some out there who don’t care for attention what so ever. Buy good quality simple affordable clothing, no fancy brands and never try and impress anyone.

As long as you are honest with yourself. No point fooling yourself into thinking that at no point in your life have you bought something or did something to impress others.

2. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

Model 3 owners are ditching BMWs.

Tesla's production delays surrounding the Model 3 may have caused headaches for investors, anxious customers, and even CEO Elon Musk, but those days appear to be over. The era of the Model 3 is underway and the all-electric sedan continues to be a phenomenal success. A fascinating new study from Bloomberg has gone into depth about not only the EV sedan's sales success but, equally important, who is buying them and what brand is suffering the most from the Model 3's success.

One important fact: no other sedan in America is generating more revenue right now than the Model 3.

Costing around $50,000 on average, the Model 3 continues to significantly dent BMW 3 Series and Mercedes-Benz C-Class sales by outselling them both. Bloomberg asked 5,000 Model 3 owners questions about their previous cars and, interestingly, whether or not they'd buy them again. Which makes and models did these Model 3 owners trade-in?

Examples include the Honda Accord and Civic, Toyota Camry, and the Mazda 3. But the greatest percentage of the Model's total sales came from former BMW drivers, as the responses indicate. Tesla, amazingly, has succeeded in breaking so-called brand loyalties in a record period of time. Often times, brand loyalties are passed down from generation to generation. But thanks to continued hype, Musk constantly being in the news (for better or worse), and environmental concerns, drivers from various backgrounds and incomes want to try something new.

"I've owned three BMW 3 Series and was a diehard BMW fan," one Model 3 owner responded. "The Tesla blows those cars away." Not everyone can afford a BMW, but the Model 3 is still affordable enough for many mainstream buyers. "I'm not rich, I'm an ordinary man with an ordinary job. I am exactly the buyer Elon Musk hoped to attract," another owner responded. Tesla does not even spend money on advertisements, relying instead on product events, social media, and referrals.

BMW's Tesla Model 3 Fears Are Already Happening

3. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

"EV manufacturers are taking the world by storm, but some industry leaders believe hydrogen is the future"

i was prompted to do a bit more research after @Lizzie posted a few links and hydrogen fuel cells do sound great.

but either way, i'm up for anything new and it appears the technology (and improvement) is rapidly gaining momentum.

Dan Donoghue and Lizzie like this.
  4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

You can give your EV some rumble

5. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

6. The Prestige

The Prestige Well-Known Member

I am quite keen to see if the Tesla Roadster lives up to its claims in performance and range next year.

7. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    They can look impressive . But they need to work well Looks like their new pick up certainly needs a little work ....

It’s a business model that works - for now . Elon can get away with announcing things , launching them when they aren’t quite ready , and iron out the kinks later - because they have no real competition - for now. Tesla will need to lift their game in a big way when the competition arrives

still a long way to go before anyone cracks the range and charging issues , and the lack of infrastructure . You need a massive solar set up at home and banks of batteries - LG or powerwall or any other brand - just for one charge . The outlay is huge . Combined with Tesla’s prices .... A ways to go yet

Last edited: 23rd Nov, 2019
  8. Kelvin Cunnington

Kelvin Cunnington Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed for a very cheap turbo deisel Audi? ;)