any better ways of selling a house to by pass RA?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Skydome, 10th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Skydome

Skydome Well-Known Member

well i've finished the reno's on the el cheapo investment house i bought ages ago and i'm wondering what ways i could look at for selling it?

I've had it on gum tree for a bit, first ad got around 200 views but second ad doesn't seem to be going as strong.

Are there other places like gum tree i could advertise it that could get to a larger audience that won't take a cut like RA's do besides any advertising cost of course?

2. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

There are some companies that will list a oroperty on realestate.com.au for a fee.
    Marg

3. Skydome

I was always under the impression that realestate.com.au was for houses up for sale with real estate agents?

Do you a link to these companies?

4. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Do you really want to be selling it yourself? Anecdotally, it seems a lot of buyers are put off by vendors trying to sell their own homes. You might be limiting your buyers which it turn might be limiting the price you can achieve.

5. Excalibur1

Excalibur1 Well-Known Member

Most of them overprice it and leave no room for negotiations....

legallyblonde likes this.
  6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Real estate agents stop hassling you once you've listed or sold.

7. aussieB

aussieB Well-Known Member

There was a website .... purplebricks was it ?

8. Skydome

problem i find with RA is they take too high of a cut from sales.

I'd have to look into that purplebrick thing.

9. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Friends sold a house themselves. Contract in less than two weeks at a price above that quoted by local RE agents. They did use one of those low cost sites to list on realestate.com.au. $1m+ so considerable commission saved.
    Marg

10. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

thydzik and legallyblonde like this.
  11. Indifference

Indifference Well-Known Member

They are actually a fixed fee service & there are a few more that do likewise depending on location. Probably a good compromise to doing it all solo.

12. drg86

drg86 Well-Known Member

Sold an IP myself this year. $99 to get on RE and Domain. Sold to first couple that looked at it for over what I was going to take. Easy as and I didn't even live in the same location, just had a great tenant that showed them through one Saturday. Saved me near 10k in commission.

legallyblonde and Stoffo like this.
  13. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

Purple Bricks are great if you want to LIST your house for a nom refundable fee of 4,500 regardless of whether you sell or not.

If you want to SELL your home I'd always recommend a good agent. Get three appraisals and let them explain the benefits of their service.

paulF likes this.
  14. Skydome

How did you get it on get it on RE and Domain?

I understand RA's probably have access to things i don't, but i'd like to attempt to sell my house by myself to see how that goes, if i find it to be a struggle i'll consider an RA even if i get raped in commission fees, i'll just try and demand a higher price to cover and see how that goes haha.

15. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

I'm in the middle of deciding whether to sell or not and i got three appraisals from three different local RE's. Do that and don't go through them if you want. You'd still get some valuable info.

16. drg86

drg86 Well-Known Member

Just pay a fee to a company like zerocommission.com.au They have a portal you can log in to and edit your ad/add pics. It then goes live on the other websites.

17. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Where is the house located?

18. pjames

pjames Well-Known Member

It is something worth thinking about. I mean if you have a good agent they might be the difference in finding that buyer that is willing to pay that extra$20,000 or whatever but on the other hand you could get that price as soon as you advertise it in some markets. An agent will also add that professional part to it when it comes to paperwork and signing off on the house etc I would hope. But I do hate that fact they get paid a huge chunk of your profit for often doing little more than sitting on their ass giving orders to the reception and taking a couple of calls. If there was a bulk of the market doing it DIY then it would be fine but as it is now it might be a big gamble that could backfire and you are left with a property that has been advertised for ages on every place but no interest.