another young person story

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by TMNT, 26th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

hmm... you've just given me a brilliant idea....that would throw off the whole auction lol!! :D
    16122146398_d6ba26e19a_m.jpg

Last edited: 29th Nov, 2016
    EN710 likes this.
  2. Ouchmyknees

Ouchmyknees Well-Known Member

Some designer label handbags are good investment as well, especially flagship ones.

Chanel Price Increase Over The Years | Bragmybag

A lot of girls in HK and Japan buys a good handbag, use it for a few years and maintain it well, then sell it to a secondhand shop for the same purchase price or even higher as the price has increased.

The mother of all bags (that you can readily purchase in a shop) is Hermes which the basic ones costs about 30k. The collector's versions are very hard to find hence are in very high demand with very staggering price tags.

WattleIdo likes this.
  3. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

i wouldnt consider selling a bag for the same price after a fyears to be a good investment,
    but if you can get one that increases in value say 25% in a year, then that would be awesome!

4. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

thats no different to saying why would I pay $30 for a steak at a restaurant when I can get it for $5 at the supermarket

5. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

oops, post was written on a 1960s smart phone,

and yes, have you spoken to me in person, look up the word "ugly" in the dictionary, they have a pic of me ther

WattleIdo likes this.
  6. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

It's very different, you have a cooked steak dish ready for your consumption vs the raw materials that go into said steak dish. Both handbags are finished products and ready for use.

A better analogy would be a piece of minute steak vs a piece of wagyu technically the same thing and technically do the same thing (put protein in your belly) but different quality and label.

wobbycarly likes this.
  7. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

I'm so glad the wife is not on PC. If she read the above sentence, she would be off buying a $3,000 handbag in a flash.

I don't like your analogy:) :).

Dan Donoghue likes this.
  8. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

well fair enough, the point was, value is subjective
    the wagyu beef tastes better, then a non wagyu,
    the hand bags may be of identical quality as well, just one is produced by a famous branded company and has a 100x price tag, which people will pay

the fact that people will comment on how expensive the bag is or portray an image of being posh/rich may be a high priority for them

Dan Donoghue likes this.
  9. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

im curious whether she realistically believes that she can buy 2 per year, let alone 1 per two years, or its just "another" statement for 15 mins of fame

10. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

So what if she doesn't?
    At least she has made a start and is also saving money.
    She is probably ahead of many others her age.
    I hope she succeeds.
    Marg

PS. And journalists never exaggerate, do they!

11. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

its not newsworthy.
    The reason why its on the news is because she is reasonably pretty ( that always sells- has for thousands of years and will for the next thousand) and that she is in the secretarial/admin asst. -thus middle class income. Its not like she is a doc, banker, mgt. consultant etc...
    Its more of a 'look at me, im young, single, with a middle-low income and I have got on the property ladder- so can you' type story- one which seems to be very popular these days with FHB and the like.

TMNT and Art Vandelay like this.
  12. Elives

Elives Well-Known Member

turns out the young person the story is written about works at binvested hahah

13. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

I feel it's very different, unless there are people who enjoy covering their handbags in sauce....

Dan Donoghue likes this.
  14. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

iut doesnt bother me if she doesnt but , going from superficially shallow to ive saved up $20k at doesnt meen 2 props per year is going to happen,

shes chosen a different path now and if she can get to her goals, then thats kudos to her

15. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

good find!

from binvested site

Welcome to a new week everyone!! If you're in need of a little inspiration for this Monday morning, check out this awesome article featuring our very own Customer Care Legend, Kate! --> http://bit.ly/2g7Umvg

We're so proud of what Kate has achieved so far and so excited for what's to come ... it just goes to show what a bit of motivation and determination can do for you! #LiveLifeOnYourTerms

16. Mindplay

Mindplay Active Member

what asset increases value 25% a year?? all the realestate investments all the time? who gets solid 25% gain after selling a house in a super growth area considering all the associated costs?!!

17. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

This ^^^^^ sentence is what is sadly missing when it comes to parenting. I have 4 children and another on the way and I know what advice and guidance they need at each particular life stage. Whether they listen and apply it is up to them.

This is the best approach imo. Always keep your cards close to your chest.

kierank likes this.
  18. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

That, I don't think exists.
    Many people get alot more than 25% growth after selling a property even including all holding costs. That's nothing uncommon.

19. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I was hoping for an update on Miss Kate. Wonder how many she bought this year given her servicability and how much her unit is worth.

20. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that. I often worry my kids (still primary school aged) will not have the motivation or drive to do anything. We try not to spoil them, but I can't think of anything they go without. I always thought I had to buy a house because thats what my parents did, however I never even thought about investing til about 2 years ago (parents paid off PPOR, never invested, and drummed into me that all debt was bad etc), I bought my 1st IP in melb, now I have 2 IPs and a PPOR here (bought PPOR when I was 23, I'm now 30). Im looking for the third IP at the moment. I worry that because I have done this the kids will have the mindset of "why bother, we will end up with mum and dads properties anyway".

Lemmy a fiver and kierank like this.