Another stormwater question

Discussion in 'Development' started by beachgurl, 25th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

I'm still looking at options for my south Brisbane site and whether it will be split or just a knockdown rebuild, based on costings and practicalities of getting stormwater uphill to the street. As the neighbours did not give permission to run a pipe through their yards, I'm now getting a survey done and quotes for trenching to the existing services.

If I just do a knockdown rebuild instead of a 2 lot subdivision, do I still have to address the stormwater runoff for the single property based on the current requirements for stormwater discharge? Or can I retain the primitive stormwater runoff based on the old property? The existing house is a post war home with no stormwater pipe running from it.

2. Zak

Zak Well-Known Member

just curious what sort of solutions where given to you to get stormwater uphill?

was it a retention system with a pump? or something else?

3. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

The two options currently on the table are trenching through the block to meet with the existing services on the street or trucking in huge amounts of soil to bench the site with multiple retaining walls. The first would be the better option if it works as the second would reduce the building footprint.

4. Zak

Zak Well-Known Member

Is trucking in huge amounts of soil (assume absorbing rain water) will be an equal solution to connecting to an existing storm water service?

5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I think if your not adding to the density of dwellings then the stormwater won't be an issue. I could be wrong though. @RPI could answer?

6. 380

380 Well-Known Member

Filling up a block may not be good option either.

Expensive
    May have design constraint
    Overlooking and over shadowing

Good engineer should be able to overcome issue at hand though!!

7. Zak

Zak Well-Known Member

BD - so what does it mean filling up a block?