At home - again. One of my girls, Mimi, had a small bedroom - 3.5m x 3.5m. Adjacent to her room was a storeroom accessed from our other building. There has been pressure for some time from the daughter and the wife to knock down the wall between the two rooms and make a bigger bedroom. 'It's just a wall, dad, how hard can that be? You're always doing that stuff.' The complication was that the two rooms had different roof heights. And the connecting wall was double skin brick - sandstock. And the buildings are 120 years old, which means the potential for surprises. The parapet came down quickly - I think it must have been relieved because some of it sort of came down by itself. Pity about the awning below. The old window in the storeroom wall came out easily along with a disappointing amount of wall. I was going to leave the existing ceiling up in Mimi's room and sheet over it but when I removed the cornice I noticed some of the roof beams had old termite damage. So the horsehair plaster ceiling came down. It revealed an older timber ceiling above it. That came down with 120 years of dust. Then all the ceiling beams came down and the roof came off and half the roof beams were removed - more old termites. Then it rained Sigh. Still, it's moving forward now.