QLD Another reason to not invest in the Gold Coast

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Daniel007, 30th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Daniel007

Daniel007 Well-Known Member

Gold Coast highrise that is...

http://www.theurbandeveloper.com/forise-planning-approval-gold-coast-tallest-tower/

2. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Yes for apartment. What about house ?
    Existing ones not OTP.

3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

My friend made some amazing deals in the GC with established homes. Every market has submarkets. Never let the broad market totally disqualify smaller markets that may have great opportunities.

Greyghost likes this.
  4. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Despite a view that its all boom and bust, its still the 6th biggest city in the country and growing quickly.

Observer, ej89 and Sackie like this.
  5. Daniel007

Daniel007 Well-Known Member

I said high rise, no mention of established houses.

Greyghost likes this.
  6. Coxy89

Coxy89 Well-Known Member

I think development is a good leading indicator for prospects in an area. Generally developers are ahead of the curve with land rezoning, townplanning updates infrastructure etc. If someone is willing to commit to a project like this the flow on effects will be felt in the area

Tekoz likes this.
  7. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I'd love a good-sized old walk-up close to the beach, although main Beach and Broadbeach is my absolute limit in terms of how close I'd to to Surfers.
    I'd only buy it to boot out tenants in a few years, renovate and have it as a weekender though... been contemplating this.

8. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

I just hate strata rates and the fact that the money gets spend on useless, overpriced stuff!

9. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

I agree in that houses will do better in gc compared to Hi rise oversupplied stock.

However, I am a bear for anything GC in general; just can't overcome the lack of jobs - even in better times GC has transient, catering to tourists, generally low paid jobs - and that's during good times. Don't ask how it's like during bad times. Some exceptions like the hospital jobs etc..but a lot are just not this..

Tekoz, C-mac and qonyx_sydney like this.
  10. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

After 599 posts, @Tekoz has finally ditched otp...only to favor Hi rise apartments.. Lol

11. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Damn! 599 posts? Newbies will think he's a pro

Tekoz and Bran like this.
  12. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

He should have settled on Park Ridge by now. I bet he makes a packet and makes us all eat our hats.

JDP1 and Tekoz like this.
  13. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I'm not rushing out to buy a chocolate hat just yet ;)

Bran likes this.
  14. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Next year when my house is fully built, you can eat the chocolate hat :cool:.

15. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

I agree.
    I think tekoz is using the Innocence Ploy [ described in my post re how to beat competition]...he is playing the innocent role...he knew right from the start what he wanted to buy and where he wanted to buy and at what price. He asked the forum open ended innocent/newbie questions [ and consistent in his innocent behaviour over many posts] and entertained public opinion not to buy there- which was read by other potential competitors who now are put off the area- exactly what he wanted....however in reality, Tekoz is well connected, makes a s***load, has all the market reports, has his finger on the pulse, gets alerted as to opportunities [ from agents, etc] before the market knows about it., in multiple markets, knows the developers, has the inside data on pop growth and other key indicators/projections, can cut the deals with the developers etc...haha...well played @Tekoz ...took us a while to figure it out..now it all makes sense...:DBrilliant execution of this trick. Ill bet no one else on this forum has bought there- you were free of all competition..thats what its all about!:)

Bran likes this.
  16. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@JDP1 lol, hopefully that is correct mate. But yes, park Ridge it is too good to be true for a new H&L.

17. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

its all coming together now that I have reviewed your earlier posts...the beauty of this trick is that you don't have to do any of the work yourself- you just ask some open ended questions and let the other forum members trash it - discourage all other competition- ie they clear the way for you so that you can just walk in. The lack of buyer interest also strengthens your hand with vendor negotiations...
    well done once again.

18. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha. You could just be right.

19. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

The rule on this forum is guilty till proven innocent. I have made my case to a sufficient enough degree that shows guilt. It's upto @Tekoz to prove his innocence. :)

Tekoz likes this.
  20. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Mr. @JDP1 I believe that no one in this forum agree with what I've been offered so yes I am taking a punt for the sake of my first IP journey this year.

Hence I only dare to buy one small house around $300k price range.

If it turns out to be bad, then yes I will share it to you all and move on with my next IP which I'm now looking in VIC state again under $310k high yielding property for easy holding during the high interest rate period.