Another reason to be weary of BAs.

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by spludgey, 25th Apr, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

You may be aware that I've made a few posts about not being a huge fan of buyer's agents (no disrespect to anyone on here).
    I just think that in most cases you're better off doing the legwork yourself, learning much more in the process and saving a significant amount of out of pocket expenses.

But anyway, today I saw something that massively affirmed this option (in my mind at least).

Now again, I don't want to draw all BAs with the same brush, but this seems like a trying to quickly pump out low quality BAs that are more focused on a quick money grab than providing quality service!

I would not want someone that's been in the property game for 30 days act as a BA for me!

Screenshot_20220425_110147_com.facebook.katana.jpg

2. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

This Ad looks more like it will empty the pockets of any wanna be BA :D

Stingy and spludgey like this.
  3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Look at all the BAs he edumacated and stay away from them.....like the plague.....;)

spludgey likes this.
  4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

There has been plenty of discussion about Ben Handler's courses on PropertyChat in the past: Buyers Agent Institute - Ben Handler

Here is REBAA's view on this type of course: REBAA calls for better training for buyer’s agents | Real Estate Buyers Agents Association of Australia (REBAA) Inc.

The Buyers Agents who are business members on PropertyChat are the real deal - they haven't been though some lightweight marketing course.

This is not a "reason to be wary of Buyers Agents" - it is a reason to do your due diligence before engaging any service provider claiming to be an expert. Look for REBAA membership as a good starting point - I doubt many BAI agents would qualify for membership to REBAA.