Anew development rockdale nsw

Discussion in 'Development' started by Equity, 3rd Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lillee

Lillee New Member

I believe the developer (builder?) is Knightsbridge.

2. ryry

ryry New Member

Just an update that they've filed a request for the subdivision certicate:
    Find an Application

Some of the sunset clauses refer to this submission deadline. Does anyone know if our sunset date is based on the subdivision certicate or settlement commencement?

3. ChenChen

ChenChen New Member

The application seems to be about widen the road.
    Subdivision Certificate - Road Widening Easement and Positive Covenant

So if that is approved, do they need to build the road?

And what is the next step? When can we inspect the place.

I wonder if they still can make it within 2 weeks.

4. StephanieSHEN

StephanieSHEN New Member

yes, the property value dropped now if comparing with I bought value.

5. Maxe

Maxe Member

Hi everyone, for people who are new and have bought into anew rockdale, they have not got the strata plan registered by 30/10 which gives you a chance to rescind the contract. Note: you need to action this by COB today as per your contract it would state you need to advise within 14 days of them failing to register the plan or else you will waive the right to rescind after this.

Sadly this is a bad investment/building and has major red signs based on my discovery over the past 2 years. I am so glad i'm getting out of this and hopefully get my deposit back from the developers next week.

These guys started selling back in 2016 with the promise of having it completed by 2018 which is a load of bull and they started construction just in 2019 which basically means they are just rushing the construction so that they can complete it in time and then force buyers to settle. Mind you when you bought in 2016 it was already over valued and you can get more for your $$ in todays current market.

Other things to consider is that they used Vic Lilli who has been reprimanded in courts for providing OC when building is not ready for occupation and he has rebranded his company to EliteCertification to deviate any negativity from Vic Lilli. Also they have constructed the building against council final approved plans so who knows what the developer has going on with the Certifier!

So good luck for those to try and get out of Anew Rockdale and I hope no-one even buys this property after its completed because its just a bad omen and who knows the quality of the build. Note: the builders are Cemento Group who have generally negative reviews due to them having defects after build and not bothering to fix it up after.

6. NatNik

NatNik Member

Hi All
    Has anyone received any updates on this build?
    Completion date?
    Strata appointed?
    Thanks !

7. Maxe

Maxe Member

hi, I thought I’d reply back but I just hope you aren’t a buyer to anew rockdale and read my previous post. Everyone I know has gotten out of this shameful property and anyone is advised to stay clear of this place.

i even checked they haven’t even got the strata plan registered so that’s pathetic of these guys ... good luck to you

8. NatNik

NatNik Member

Hi Maxe
    Thanks for your reply
    I have seen 7 properties within this complex and they have been completed and look amazing ready to move in
    I’m sorry you and the people on here bought off a plan that’s a high risk in itself !
    The prices here are great and can’t fault the build my solicitor is checking the background on this
    Did you know that the builder went bust back 2018 stated liquidation and has now been bought back as a trustee- I feel for you guys I am a local here and have seen this take 4 years to complete

9. Maxe

Maxe Member

Hi Natnik,

As in you’ve been inside and seen 7 units?
    Agreed - off the plan is always high risk but you’d think they would have built it within a reasonable time and they took 4+ years yet they still have not got strata plan registered and I bet they haven’t got OC registered which you need both before you move in. Did you ask what the “move date” is?

And yes if you are a local you would have seen 2 other buildings within the rockdale area which 1) started after anew rockdale and 2) finished before anew rockdale

regarding the builder that’s interesting they went bust in 2018, how did you find out that? And is this cemento? If so they have generally bad reviews so even if anew rockdale has cheap units, I still wouldn’t buy into it and definitely advise anyone against buying unless they are prepared to have issues later on because these guys just rushed it so they could try and get anyone that bought off the plan to settle so karma to them for finishing late.

10. NatNik

NatNik Member

My solicitor is looking into them
    I have given no deposit or anything
    Just double checking the work
    They stated to me complete keys in hand February
    I said people would be silly to take a word like that as it’s taken years to build!
    Plus in the contract your solicitor can stipulate happy to place deposit down and add in clause that will benefit the buyer
    However will not settle until actual keys in hand!
    I’ll have my own building inspector prior to move in to double check everything
    Yes I have seen all 7 apartments in this building
    They are all open for inspection
    The place was packed out last weekend

11. NatNik

NatNik Member

Sorry ! Yes it’s Cemento-
    I found that doing a search on the builders ABN
    They were bought with CBR as a trust company
    I’m shocked no one told you guys anything :(
    The plumbers back 2018-19 took cemento to court for unpaid work they declared bankrupt then too

12. NatNik

NatNik Member

Hopefully you all received your deposits back??
    Shame this is now complete 90%
    The garage and the lifts are the last thing completion end of the month
    The plumbers and building inspectors were all there last week
    Asked heaps of questions
    They too feel sorry for the people buying off plans

13. Maxe

Maxe Member

make sure you have a good solicitor to check everything.
    i would not even put any deposit to this place because who knows how long they will take

amazed its packed out but its probably because the prices have dropped recently? either way whoever buys it i hope good luck to them and to do their due diligence before they buy into anew rockdale

14. Maxe

Maxe Member

yep sounds like Cemento being dodgy and certainly not surprised.
    they wouldn't have told us because its in their interest to just get the building completed in time which they didn't and i'm so happy they didn't

15. Maxe

Maxe Member

Well all the people i know that bought off the plan got out of anew rockdale when they didn't register the strata plan in Oct 30, 2020 so we all got our deposits back :)

People need to ensure yes whilst its a brand new building, they need to review its history and especially with Cemento as the builder so I feel sorry for anyone that buys into this property. I'm going to monitor just out of my interest to see when problems start plaguing this property because its only a matter of time.

And its pathetic that even now they still are doing the garage and lifts. IMO they will probably have everything finished by June/July this year before people move in

Lindsay_W and Stoffo like this.
  16. NatNik

NatNik Member

Yes my solicitor is family ! Lucky can 100% trust here
    These guys are building a few more properties around Rockdale Arncliffe area!
    Feel sorry Covid really stuffed everyone up
    Same with the apartments down near crunch
    It’s crazy
    No one buying and prices dropping!
    Someone is already living in the penthouse up the top of ANEW the lights on at night !
    The agent has advised all people who bought off the plan they have now received their deposits back as it took longer to build than expected and of some sunset clause meaning that it kept changing
    Sunset clauses are the worst!! Never ever lock into a contract like this
    It’s stipulated can change without any notice and your the buyer suffer
    I wasn’t sure if it was true..
    Yes as I said - will not settle until keys in hand !!
    They want money as they need for final completion you can tell!

17. Maxe

Maxe Member

Yes so the contract with had the sunset date had Feb 2020 but the FINAL sunset date was Oct 2020 which of course they pushed out which is annoying because they should have known they weren't going to get it on time so buyers could actually buy something else. When I bought it in 2016 the sales agent said it'll be done in 2018 thinking no way they will take 4 years but now i've learnt my lesson, if anything my only advise would be if sales agents try to con you into an off the plan apartment and has 4 years to complete, i'll put in the contract and state 2 years they pay me $2000 every week for delays and see their reaction because i hate lying sales agents (and this was CBRE which was dissapointing but then again thats the company name and you deal with whatever snake head sales agent you get because all they are looking for is sell and get commission in the end)

Anyway market is back up with houses but apartments somewhat a bit low but thats good for buyers so that people can actually buy an apartment considering sydney is so crazy expensive but again need to do research on the builder etc e.g. like what happened to opal tower and mascot apartments - its the result of the builders being dodgy and not caring because all they want to do is sell something nice but aesthetically who knows what issues lie beneath

i doubt someone is living in the penthouse on top of anew because they haven't go strata plan registered so would be crazy if someone is actually living there, i think they just put the lights on so it shows the building is nearly ready etc

and when you mean by these guys are building more properties in rockdale, you are referring to cemento the builder or the developer knightsbridge? either way i would suggest anyone avoid both these companies at all costs

18. NatNik

NatNik Member

Yes totally agree with you buying off plan 100% not worth it however I do have family members who bought off plan in blakehurst and everything went to plan!
    My solicitor advised me they had problems from the start on this property with a sub contractor stating he did the work on it and yet didn’t provide documents on it and then the builder took him to court- so a little messy to start with

19. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

So they would be happy with $1000 initial holding deposit with remaining payable upon unconditional finance approval? Give you time to get a valuation done

20. NatNik

NatNik Member

Your solicitor should know of your situation whether you have approval of funds to begin with!

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia