Anew development rockdale nsw

Discussion in 'Development' started by Equity, 3rd Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. orangeboy

orangeboy New Member

Apparently there are still units for sale. Thought they all got sold on launch?

The builder is Cemento from what I have been able to find out.

2. Paulo Alexandre

Paulo Alexandre Member

Hi

Is there any more news about the ANew Rockdale development?

3. Equity

Equity Member

Looks like they are working on ground level and basement etc. These photos were taken on 1 Dec 2019
    1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG

4. Paulo Alexandre

Paulo Alexandre Member

5. Equity

Equity Member

Hi Paulo,

I have no hard date provided looking at the progress I’d still say 3rd quarter this year. Needs to be done before final sunset being 31st oct 2020

6. Equity

Equity Member

Not sure if anyone out there can comment if the property is not done before 31/10/20 are we entitled to cancel the contact even due to the current covid situation?

7. Paulo Alexandre

Paulo Alexandre Member

I would expect that the idea is to protect business (Builders) as well as buyers/investers (us), most likely the government would be giving slack to either side of the agreement.
    If they do a "Shutdown" on Construction to control the epidemic, the sunset would be extended, in another hand, if one of us is in trouble due to the Coronavirus issue, I would expect the same consideration to us. I have sent that query to my Lawyer and will keep you inform, but, if any of you already have the info about this, please let us know!?
    Stay safe ...

8. Lillee

Lillee New Member

Hello all, I found this forum because I was searching for information on the ANEW project and glad that there is a place for buyers to talk to each othe. As with many people posting on here, I'm a first time buyer and concerned that the project has been delayed for so long.
    I was wondering why some people are saying the sunset date is 31/10/2020? As far as I know, the sunset date was extended to 30/4/2020 and I haven't heard any information that it was extended again...? I also thought the sunset date could only be extended once?
    By the way, according to a photo I saw in late March 2020, it seems like they had built up to the ninth floor at that stage. To be honest I am concerned that the building is progressing so rapidly now... is that normal?

9. Equity

Equity Member

Welcome, Lillee,

The 31/10/2020 is the final sunset date. It cannot be extended beyond this.

The question now is can the current situation with covid-19 etc if it delays the project past the 31/10/20 are we entitled to cancel the contract and get a return on our deposit.

Also if completed will it value for what we paid for it this is a bit of an unknown.

Lillee likes this.
  10. Paulo Alexandre

Paulo Alexandre Member

Is there anyone close by that can upload recent photos from the development?
    I am too far away and not able to go anywhere!
    Thanks in Advance

11. Equity

Equity Member

Ill see what I can do in the next few days

12. Maxe

Maxe Member

new user here, amazed theres a thread about this, before i tell you my horror story later I just hope that it doesn't get completed by October 30th which appears everyones final sunset date is because these guys, CBRE, developer, builder have just been a waste of our time & this apartment has to be one of the worst investments ever

Heres an update from CBRE

We wish to provide you with the latest development update for ANEW Rockdale.
    Since our last update, construction has been progressing well. External structures have been built up to Level 8 with pouring of Level 9 currently in progress, with internal finishes having also commenced to Level 3.

Due to unforeseen conditions at the site in conjunction with inclement weather throughout 2019, the builder had previously experienced delays in the development and construction of the building that were beyond the vendor's control. As such, there may be a possibility that the Sunset Date will need to be extended as a formality. Correspondence on this will be issued to your solicitors in due course.

Barring any further setbacks or delays, the vendor remains committed to reaching completion before the end of this year. With the current program, it is anticipated that project completion should be around October 2020.

COVID-19

In relation to any COVID-19 impacts, at this stage the builder has advised that the impacts on supply of materials to the project are minimal and that work continues on the site subject to health authorities allowing construction work to continue. The vendor and builder continue to closely monitor and mitigate, as far as reasonably possible, the impacts of this fast-evolving situation and we will keep you informed of any further developments as they arise.

Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss any queries relating to your apartment, or with your agent direct - we are both here to assist.

We look forward to providing you another update next quarter.

Lillee likes this.
  13. Equity

Equity Member

Welcome & Thank you Maxe for sharing this. I too received this from my solicitor the other day.

I hope you can share your story when you have a moment.

I will try to get some new pictures this weekend of the development.
    I agree I would like to get out of this contract when possible.

14. Lillee

Lillee New Member

Thanks, Equity, for clarifying. I subsequently received a letter through my solicitor saying that the sunset date had been extended to 31/10/20.

I also would like to know the answers to those two questions!

I've attached photos (front and back views) taken in mid-April. Anew14apr2020.._1.jpg Anew14apr2020.._2.jpg

Stoffo likes this.
  15. Maxe

Maxe Member

hi all, i sadly think that we are not going to come out as winners in the end, it will be CBRE, Knightsbridge, whoever is building Anew Rockdale. They will complete the building in time or else people will be taking their deposit out but I feel the following outcomes;
    1) they will take shortcuts in order to complete it on time. Is there anyway we can legally delay them or ask them for certifications to ensure they are not doing anything illegal?
    2) we someone launch a class suit with all buyers as this should be injustice that they have delayed building this building until the very end when they had what 5 years in total to build it? and they decide to start building at the very latest possible date in order to finish by the final sunset date of 31/10/2020
    3) if you can't afford then then have to void contract and try get some deposit back. I need to read my contract but my stupid solicitor said we would lose all our deposit which i hope is not the case - can anyone confirm if this is correct? e.g. if you bought your place at 800k you would've put an 80k 10% deposit, how much would you be able to get back? I only ask this because when the building gets completed then you get it evaluated, with the current conditions i am sure the market is not in our favour and it would cost 700k so you would be best to forfeit the 80k?

I've attached photos, 2 from 24th March 2020 and today 3rd May 2020. As you can see they are ramping up to have this completed in 6 months time by October which they will meet in my opinion.

Attached Files:

Lillee likes this.
  16. fobo

fobo Well-Known Member

that’s exactly how it works. Plus they can sue you for the difference for what they sell it for (so if it does sell for 700k, you’re out 180..)

I went through something similar. Project was delayed and ended up finishing a month out from sunset date, took the full 3 years to build

fortunately this was in Jan-Feb just as the market picked up again. But right now it’s back down 10% which means I’ve lost quite a bit if I wanted to sell

I went through everything with a very good
    Solicitor. OTP contracts are solid, there’s generally no way out. Never ever doing that again

fingers crossed it either goes past sunset and you can rescind, or the market picks up again at settlement.

Last edited: 3rd May, 2020
  17. Equity

Equity Member

Sorry for the delay.

Here are some photos from 2nd May

1.JPEG 2.JPEG 3.JPEG 4.JPEG 5.JPEG 6.JPEG 7.JPEG 8.JPEG 9.JPEG 10.JPEG

Just a thought since potentially they may rush this build are we able to contact the local council to ensure they give it a proper review before the register the strata plan?

Thanks.

Lillee likes this.
  18. fobo

fobo Well-Known Member

Hahah you’re joking right? The council won’t do anything for you. You’re on your own

qak likes this.
  19. Paulo Alexandre

Paulo Alexandre Member

Thanks, Equitity and Maxe for updating photos as we go.
    I do Forensic Engineering investigations and Report to Building Issues for a living, unfortunately, we are called when the issue is well advanced and the Building is occupied.
    It is a shame I am so far to come in for a "visit", but if any of the fellow investors on this Building can get me some photos, (wide and close up shots), maybe I can assess something.
    The other recommendation is for you in NSW, please contact some of the remaining investors and we can form a group request to have the Certifier inspecting more often the construction "Hold Points". We can argue the situation of a few recent problems over there where Buildings had to be evacuated because of Structural deficiencies encountered after completion (eg: Homebush and near there, in Mascot.
    Let me know your thoughts and lets try to get something positive out of this "mess"!

deelink, Lillee and Justinforanew like this.
  20. Paulo Alexandre

Paulo Alexandre Member

Please remember that after all of the mess we had with Structural issues and flammable cladding, the Builder is now liable to not only "cutting corners" but also to build something without questioning the designers (Architectural and Structural) to non-complying issues according to Australian Standards and Regulations.
    A typical example I encounter all the time is, the "Threshold" step from the outside veranda deck area supposed to be built with an upward step going inside, but usually is built flat and becomes higher than the internal finishes once screed and tiled, this will lead to water entering the units on heavy storms. Been this Close to the Ocean and height of the Building, there is a minimum step height on the concrete to be followed. It is challenging to control waterproofing without a step and correct falls to drains.