And You can't because........... ?

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Rolf Latham, 20th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. HiEquity

HiEquity Well-Known Member

No criticism of the spirit of the thread intended but I have a close relative who has cerebral palsy and this video resonates with me as a result...

My relative is an inspiration to me because of his work ethic, dedication and refusal to give up. His disability of course gave him a resolute refusal to accept that anything he wants to do can't be done. But I am clear-eyed enough to know that the main reason for his dedication and commitment is that he just loves his work - not his disability. In that respect, he is indeed a lucky man...

JLui and Gockie like this.
  2. JLui

JLui Active Member

It's a really often overlooked aspect and a reason why I'm reluctant to tell people that I'm deaf except when I need to advocate for myself to keep lines of communication clear, because they think I've done well, or that I'm inspiring. Not the case, it's my parents' work that deserves the real credit and I haven't done anything that special other than be able to live a 'normal' life. If I had come from absolute poverty, been self-educated, and made my way in life, then I'd deserve some credit. I don't know why I had to go and mention my deafness in my original post now because I don't want people to think I was fishing....awkward....

HiEquity likes this.
  3. MyDarlinghurst

MyDarlinghurst Well-Known Member

A few years ago i saw a police officer up at hornsby with cerebral palsy