Analysing Census Data

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by albanga, 26th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

Hey All,
    I was hoping to pick the brains of the sophisticated investors on PC to help make sense of the Census data in regards to property investing.
    I understand the Census is now going on 4 years old but I imagine it still has very valuable insights that if you know what you are looking for could help in your investing.

So who uses this data and how? Also what other statistical resources do you couple with this? I understand suburb analysis in regards to infrastructure and development but am keen to dig at a deeper level to try and spot trends.

I am looking at suburbs to do a potential small 3 townhouse development next year.
    The suburb I am reviewing at the moment is an aged population with 30% over 60. I read this as an interesting because it could mean time to downsize, but given the median house price is low then it is likely they could not afford a new townhouse, even if small and 2 beds.

2. keithj

keithj Well-Known Member

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Get yourself a copy of the BIS Shrapnel reports. Yes it will cost a few $'000 but worth it.

It has digested the data every which way.