Amendment C394 - Land Subject to Inundation Overlay - Bellarine Peninsula and Corio Bay

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Thanson1, 10th Jul, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Thanson1

Thanson1 Member

Hi all,

So I purchased property on Portarlington Road early this year, It's flood zoned with 1% AEP.

I received council correspondence in the mail regarding a Land Subject to Inundation Overlay (LSIO2). Which I have pasted the link to below. Apparently this is due to climate change and strategies for a 0.8 predicted sea level rise by 2100. Is anybody here a bit of a guru with these sorts of things, what does this mean for me? Will it impact property price? Can I still subdivide or is it just a few additional hoops to jump? They answer a lot of my questions in the link below but I'd love to hear from anybody who is slightly more on to it than myself with this stuff :)

This overlay has been slapped on 1614 or so properties, really interesting. See below, appreciate any commentary on this.

Amendment C394 - Land Subject to Inundation Overlay - Bellarine Peninsula and Corio Bay: FAQs - City of Greater Geelong