Ok here is the scenario. Just completing a duplex. Selling House 1 and Mrs R and I are moving into H2. We have had a couple of agents showing some buyers but haven't formally launched a marketing campaign yet. We have just received a full price cash offer (based on agent's appraisal) from an investor. We are happy with the money but suddenly feel apprehensive about living next door to a tenanted property. This apprehension extends to the fact that we might sell our home and move on within a couple of yrs so would a tenanted duplex next to our home make it harder to sell or devalue our home? The house we are selling is near completion and the market is pretty strong. Registration of title will take another 10 - 12 wks so we can't settle until then but we have had owner occupiers move in under licence in the past and they pay us a nominal rent until settlement which covers our holding costs until settlement. We've decided to hold off accepting the offer since we have two owner occupiers wanting to inspect tomorrow and Saturday. Take the money or wait for an owner occupier? Your considered thoughts would be appreciated.