ASX Shares Altura Mining (AJM)

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Spanna, 14th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Spanna

Spanna Well-Known Member

Anybody keep an eye on Lithium? Particularly AJM / PML?
    Regards

2. Jeah_

Jeah_ Well-Known Member

I bought a fairly hefty parcel of MCT, shorted half for the capital cost, holding the rest for a longer play. Lithium is the new milk.

3. Spanna

Spanna Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed some of the demand assumptions come to fruition.
    Its a bacon in a very dime commodities market. Wish I had gone in harder!
    What are your thoughts on the longterm for MCT?

4. NicA

NicA Member

Bought a nice parcel of AJM for 4c and looking to hold for the medium term, but most of my money is in PLS.

LMD and Spanna like this.
  5. Spanna

Spanna Well-Known Member

Another little run over the last 2 days... lithum is certainly on the boil. wished I had got into PLS... Whats your thoughts on Lithum Australia?

NicA likes this.
  6. NicA

NicA Member

Good run this week :) I think the LIT technology has potential but is a long way from commercialization. Have decided to sit out for the time being.
    I bought into ADV this week (speculating) who look to have some spodumene in Canada. Are you just holding AJM?

7. Spanna

Spanna Well-Known Member

Yes just AJM, got in at 4c and again at 11c...... Im with you on LIT however I think Altura are commited to this process for its mine?
    Im confident AJM and PLS will develop Pilgangoola by FY18 in some capcity. My plan is to hold until then.

LMD likes this.
  8. NicA

NicA Member

I didn't realize AJM was planning on using the LIT technology for the mine? I know LIT have some sort of non-binding agreement with PLS but I didn't think the technology was ready to be used to that sort of scale, will need to look into it a bit more.
    I'm with you on AJM and PLS, will be holding for at least 1-2 years unless there's a takeover ;).

The demand for lithium is definitely increasing, 115k Tesla Model 3's pre-ordered "site un-seen" prior to the unveiling!

Spanna likes this.
  9. Spanna

Spanna Well-Known Member

What do you think PLS will achive if they go into production? AJM got vauled at 35c from that beers co report.
    Interesting that Battreys are only 35% of demand for lithum! Home storage units will be the majority in the future you would think

NicA likes this.
  10. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

Wow, some huge gains there.

Don't think they are my kind of stock though. Out of interest how many of your purchases of this type end up been winners? @NicA? @Spanna ?

Spanna and NicA like this.
  11. NicA

NicA Member

AJM was valued at 35c in that report with current risks factored in, in the same report they valued it at 79c de-risked using current pricing (US$600/t).
    http://beerandco.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/AlturaMining_2016March10.pdf

Beer and co also do research reports on PLS but they haven't had any coverage since early February which was prior to the release of their pre feasibility study. The blue ocean equities report is a good read too which covers the pre feasibility study in more detail and has some good information about Lithium in general. They have a strategic price target of $1.50 for PLS;
    http://www.pilbaraminerals.com.au/s...-pls-pfs-confirms-pls-go-asx-lithium-name.pdf

I don't usually invest in this end of the market but I strongly believe there will be a massive increase in demand for lithium over the coming years, the supply side is getting tight as well with the lithium carbonate price almost tripling in recent months (from the report above... US$8,000/t in November 2015 to US$22,000/t in February 2016).

LMD likes this.
  12. Jeah_

Jeah_ Well-Known Member

I started with MCT as a day/st trade. The parcel I have left is now freehold, after some profit taking. I'm happy enough with the research I've done to keep it as a speculative mid/long term hold.

If you cut through the hype, there is some good info out there on the lithium market and the huge potential for growth. MCT seems well positioned to take advantage of some of that.

As always, ymmv, dyor.

Spanna likes this.
  13. wogitalia

wogitalia Well-Known Member

MCT latest announcement was a bit mixed, they only have miners rights on their lithium tenement at the moment which really limits their ability sampling wise but they only had one good hit out of 24 (iirc), as a holder hopefully there will be good news on the next announcement regarding their Zinc which is actually their major play at the moment and also important in the lithium battery market.

AJM looks very solid right now, should go close to that Beers report by years end on current trends.

Also have been dabbling a bit in the Lithium sector, it's very hot lately and think there is a lot of opportunity with both China's mandates to their car manufactures to greatly increase the number of electric vehicles and Tesla's driving of home battery units. Not to mention that smart phones aren't going anywhere as a nice base point. My Lithium watchlist is up about 20% in the last two months, thankfully I've actually been on most of the better performers as well. Certainly exciting times and can't go past the Goldman Sachs quote that Lithium is the new Oil!

NicA likes this.
  14. Spanna

Spanna Well-Known Member

Same as @NicA I don’t usually invest in this space, especially not resources companies, I just liked Lithium and of all the Lithium companies I looked at PLS and AJMs Pilgangoora deposit seems like it would be on the right side of the cost curve so logically you would think they are well placed in the market.

15. Spanna

Spanna Well-Known Member

ASX DKO - Dakota Minerals also hold a key tennemant in the area (Bound by PLS and AJM) - Unsure if this will translate to an increase in share price though?

16. Spanna

Spanna Well-Known Member

A HUGE 2 Days.... hope this keeps up

NicA likes this.
  17. NicA

NicA Member

The next few months look promising :) did you get into PLS before the recent run up?

18. wogitalia

wogitalia Well-Known Member

Lithium stocks are continuing to go hard for the past week.

My watch list of 31 lithium plays has 17 of them up at least 50% over the last 45 days and another 10 up at least 5%, 4 of them are down, none more than 15% (all 4 that are down are only 30 days as well).

Several up over 100%... Do wonder how long this run can last but there doesn't really seem an apparent end in sight with the massive shifts towards lithium powered energy.

Cobalt is the other thing that is going great thanks to great uncertainty in the DRC and massive supply shortages compared to what will be needed (it's a key component of lithium batteries)

Spanna likes this.
  19. Spanna

Spanna Well-Known Member

Unfortunatly I dont hold PLS..... wish I had go it early, I would be all over the 15k limited CR @ 38c.....grrr I definetly think there are a few pretenders out there atm, however im happy playing these while everything in boosting and puting that back into more promising options like PLS AJM DKO.... I dont think the likes of MPJ etc are a long term hold option

20. Spanna

Spanna Well-Known Member

DKO made nice little ann!

NicA likes this.