allrentals.com.au

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Skipper, 30th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Skipper

Skipper Member

Good evening property managers. I currently self manage 6 investment properties, have been managing 5 of them for 7 years and we just recently purchased another one to settle in 2 weeks. I have always used a local real estate as a letting agent to find prospective tenants however their fees are starting to increase to 2 weeks rent + GST. I have found the 'allrentals' website and wondered if anyone had tried them out and if they were successful? I did read a thread about people using Cubbi and I have looked at their website however I can't work out if they just charge a once off fee for advertising and screening tenants or if it's an ongoing fee?
    Thanks for any advice.

2. Elives

Elives Well-Known Member

2 weeks rent? what is the rent of the property?

Cheers, Elives

3. Skipper

Skipper Member

The rent varies over our properties from $350 - $415/week

Last edited: 30th Nov, 2016
  4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I've used cubbi a couple of times and have been very happy with them. I self manage so I choose a let only choice. I also find the site much easier to use than some others I have used.

5. Skipper

Skipper Member

Thank you Wylie, I'm glad to hear they have a let only option. Will have a look at using Cubbi as I've not been able to find anyone that uses Allrental.

6. jodes

jodes Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any updated thoughts on Cubbi? Also is it ethical/ allowed for us to move our PM managed properties to Cubbi 6 months into a lease?

7. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@jodes - do agents have ethics?

There's no reason you can't change agents provided you give the appropriate notice.

8. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Check the management agreement you signed with your property manager - some insist on a fixed management period (eg 12 months or 2 years).

If there is no fixed management period, you just have to give notice.

9. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Depends on the state- for example, fixed terms are the norm somewhere like WA, but illegal in QLD (we have a fixed 30 day termination).

10. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

There is really no money in letting once the time-cost is taken into account of opens in addition to fuel, advertising, lease and tenant processing etc. It's really just a cost covering fee for the agent for continuation of management. You'll find many agents charge 2 weeks for a casual letting fee with no management to follow as opposed to 1 for ongoing management, otherwise they will basically be working for little to nothing and sometimes a loss depending on market conditions.

Tom Rivera likes this.