All about being Frugal !

Discussion in 'Money Management & Banking' started by Terrychris, 14th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Indifference

Indifference Well-Known Member

Our cinema does $11 tix Mon-Wed...... it's an easy way to make the entertainment budget stretch further for moviegoers.

Many other venues/restaurants have mid week specials too.... one of the benefits of not needing to work traditional Mon-Fri hrs is the ability to do things at non-peak times paying non-peak prices.

2. Zoolander

Zoolander Well-Known Member

I play open-world videogames ($60-80 RRP) instead of taking real holidays to exotic locations.
    It's a leisure activity with a good price per hour rate. :p

3. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Our cinema does a members only Monday (membership is cheap). And then a Seniors card gives a discount on top of that. $5.25 per person per movie. Then they give you $2 towards parking.

4. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if your for real, or taking the ****.
    Seriously! Who drinks 4 litres of milk & 5 cappuccinos a day.

There is a big part of your weight problem. No need for expensive gym memberships. Just remove the milk & cappuccinos & you automatically tick two goals at the same time. Weight & budget!

If it was only costing $50pw, then the distance isn't great! Walking will again tick the same two boxes as above.

/QUOTE]Now going to the gym I have stopped wasting money on lollies, chocolates and packets of chips.
    I have substitued my sweet tooth for pineapple and Rockmelon, its cheaper because the big Cadbury Bars i like were $6 each.
    [/QUOTE]It's great that going to the gym has given you the motivation to give all those things a miss, and fruit is a lot better than the previous options, but watch out on the natural sugars if you are overindulging in fruit. An even better option is a handful of nuts.

You can't just whip off your clothes & hop into a shower when out in public. Also, don't you find that really inconvenient? I mean, you're watching TV, or have friends visit, and the urge takes you, then you have to spend extra time in the shower. Also, if you have guests, they might actually like to use some paper.

Otie and vbplease like this.
  5. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone could beat Kathryn_d in the frugality department.. I wonder what her and Almost Bob are up to? House minding somewhere around the world?

The Y-man likes this.
  6. bashworth

bashworth Well-Known Member

It depends shower water is classified as 'Grey' water while the toilet is 'Black' water.

If you have grey water recycling it may include the shower drain.

7. Terrychris

Terrychris Well-Known Member

There is a lot of people in my office who buy more than 5 coffee's a day @avarage $4 a cup.
    I have a boss who drinks up to 10 piccolo's a day !

I didnt know what a piccolo was until he asked me if I could get him one.

8. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

What industry? I.e. What sort of work are these people doing?

9. BKRinvesting

BKRinvesting Well-Known Member

One of these?
    IMG_3371.JPG

The Y-man likes this.
  10. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

$30 a week for a prepaid phone? I hope you meant per month. You could get an awesome phone and plan for $120 a month otherwise.

11. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

You just hose your guests off in the backyard.

12. Terrychris

I have a prepaid phone currently on the $2 a day special unlimited data with Optus.
    Getting too expensive though.@ 60 per month then the home internet wireless @ $99 per month !!!

13. DaveyB

DaveyB Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he's taking the Mickey over last few weeks, and everyone is on the hook.

It's great that going to the gym has given you the motivation to give all those things a miss, and fruit is a lot better than the previous options, but watch out on the natural sugars if you are overindulging in fruit. An even better option is a handful of nuts.

You can't just whip off your clothes & hop into a shower when out in public. Also, don't you find that really inconvenient? I mean, you're watching TV, or have friends visit, and the urge takes you, then you have to spend extra time in the shower. Also, if you have guests, they might actually like to use some paper.[/QUOTE]
    etty

14. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Darlinghurstboy trolling people for reactions? Surely not? :p

DaveyB and Scott No Mates like this.
  15. Indifference

Indifference Well-Known Member

$99 /mth for internet.... whoaaa!

Is that via satellite?

16. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

No, but it does include exclusive use of the Aussat 1 for 10 minutes per day.

17. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

:) Yes, per month sorry. Per week would be a bit expensive! That's only for 1.5gb of data though, which to many might not get them through a week.

A lot of saving money ideas requires lifestyle changes, not all want to do it. If I had a family I think it would be a lot harder to be frugal; so many demands

18. Terrychris

Very easy to go thru 4 litres of milk a day .

2 bowls of nutri grain in the morning use nearly 1 litre plus i use milk in my coffees instead of hot water and have about 3 cups before i go to work .theres already a bottle (2 litres) gone.

And if i mix the protein powder with it , so ends up nearly 3 litres a day. Come home in the afternoon drink a coffee again

19. skater

skater Well-Known Member

And that's most of your weight issue in that one post.

sharon, jins13 and Biz like this.
  20. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Especially the nutrigrain.

skater likes this.