QLD Algester - Inland rail

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by shreyas joshi, 27th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. shreyas joshi

shreyas joshi Member

2. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

The Inland rail project will improve rail logistics and increase rail freight. The long term goal of a tunnel to the port ( via gateway corridor) will alleviate rail freight going through the city and sharing city rail corridors.

Until then i thought bromelton would provide container park and containers would be trucked from there.

So the impact on algester is hard to predict. Inland rail on its oen won't increase coal being transported via rail .... that is the thing that most upsets rail dwellers and trainspotters who live near tge tracks. The coal is uncovered and the dust is annoying.

So it is hard to predict but may not be devastating. If worried buy in loganlea ..... no freight there :) the

3. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Update SHreyas, heard on local radio that inland rail has potential to affect residents in Logan.

They said 50K residents. I think it is overblown, but there and i know there is argy bargy on this one, so maybe take a closer look.

I love trains so i might have been unnecessarily pro the inland rail, where as others might hate the idea