QLD Alexandra Hills & Capalaba

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by PricedOutofSydney, 17th Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. PricedOutofSydney

PricedOutofSydney Member

Hi all,

I’m an investor from Sydney looking for an IP for less than $750K. Looking for a decent size block (600-650+ sqm) with a 4 bed 2 bath configuration. Prices in Brisbane seem to go up $20K a week these days. What are people’s thoughts on Alexandra Hills and Capalaba areas? The rental yield seems to be around 3.5-4.3% mark. My question is what is the long term prospect in those areas? Looking at 6-8 year horizon. Appreciate the feedback.

2. A101

A101 Member

Check bald hills out... You can get a 4/2 on that land for under 750k... Just not much stock coming up

3. PricedOutofSydney

PricedOutofSydney Member

Thanks I will check it out. Any review on Alex Hills and Capalaba? Any reasons for Bald Hills? Thanks

4. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Another vote for Bald Hills or Bracken Ridge. Those places offer some good value still under $750k. Not for long though so better make the purchase quick.

These places are red hot these days.

PricedOutofSydney likes this.
  5. A101

A101 Member

Similar distance to CBD as those suburbs you mentioned but a train line, good public primary school and highly rated private school, easy access to highways, also to the new Petrie Mill and still reasonable value for the moment

6. PricedOutofSydney

PricedOutofSydney Member

Thanks. What about Fitzgibbon then? It also has a train line. The recent one 53 silkyoak circuit in Fitzgibbon looks good as well.
    There are some large blocks available in Alex Hills and Capalaba for under 700s. Hence I was keen to check it out but happy to be guided by the locals. Thanks

7. PricedOutofSydney

PricedOutofSydney Member

Cool. How about Daily Hill and Shailor Park? They also have same amenities and a good reputable school in JPC? Plus it’s also closer to Gold Coast. Is it worth considering?

8. thunderstrike888

Absolutely. Daisy Hill/Shailer Park are the upper end Logan suburbs. They are red hot as well and very very popular. These suburbs are great as well.

9. PricedOutofSydney

PricedOutofSydney Member

what are your thoughts on this one? Do you think I can get it below $750K?

Take a look at this property on www.domain.com.au:

Impressive Lowset Home! 4 Bedrooms, 580sqm Block, Incredible Alfresco Area...
    53 Silkyoak Circuit, Fitzgibbon

https://www.domain.com.au/53-silkyoak-circuit-fitzgibbon-qld-4018-2017315106

10. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

I’ll answer the original question! Alex Hills and Capalaba are great suburbs with working people raising families. If you can get in at that price range you should see reasonable growth and no issues getting tenants.

11. PricedOutofSydney

PricedOutofSydney Member

Thanks. The market in BNE is crazy at the moment

12. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

Not sure the reason why the others directed you to Bald Hills other than that they probably own there
    Take what Brisbane locals say with a pinch of salt, most would be lucky to know where a suburb was if it was 10ks from where they live

Alex Hills is quite a nice suburb and very green. Capalaba not so much, more your industrial and commercial precinct suburb but it does have some really nice rural pockets

As for comments about schools... well heaps of well regarded private and public schools in redlands so thats no issue

13. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

I should add that its worth trying for birkdale, wellington point, thorneside, ormiston with your budget and maybe manly west , lota

14. PricedOutofSydney

PricedOutofSydney Member

thank you kindly for your detailed response. At the moment have shortlisted Alex Hills and Capalaba in the bay areas and Daisy Hill in Logan council. Let’s see how it goes. Thanks

Heinz57 likes this.
  15. A101

A101 Member

Bracken ridge and bald hills now seeing some above 1mill sales.... in neighbouring carseldine it's hard to get anything on decent land for under 800k so bald hills/bracken ridge seem a pretty solid investment choice to me... Can get a solid family home on decent land as lots of big blocks.

thunderstrike888 likes this.
  16. thunderstrike888

Bald Hills & Bracken Ridge along with Strathpine is some of the best buying there is. All these suburbs will continue to fly. Huge huge demand around these pockets of North Brisbane.

JAW likes this.
  17. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Bracken ridge still has most of its established homes on generous 650m+ blocks, many of which are on the giant mountain which sits at the centre of the suburb. Combined with being so close to Brighton and Shorncliffe mean some elevated ocean breezes as well, if you happen to be on the North/Eastern side of the mountain.

There’s a fantastic park at the top of the summit (Bracken Ridge reserve) , with views of the city on the Southern side, and views of the ocean on the Eastern side.

If your budget can support $700k+, well worth a look.

thunderstrike888 likes this.
  18. The_good_life

The_good_life Well-Known Member

Agree, we got a recent valuation on ours at Bracken up 65%!! from our buy price mid 2020..

19. The_good_life

The_good_life Well-Known Member

Do you think there is room for more CG buying over $700k + seems insanse given the huge increase already..

20. Alex AB

Alex AB Well-Known Member

Just shared my thought as I looked at Alex Hills and Capalaba and surrounding too but decided to buy up north mid last year. I prefer shorter time to the CBD so stuck with train line from north side, leverage both access to CBD and Petrie. Also seems more professional people up north while Alex Hills seem more tradies, based on skills level / demographic stats. There seems to be a bit more supply to come in Redland LGA. All that made me chose north train line corridor.

Up to you but just shared what I went through if it is any help.

The_good_life likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia