NSW Albury/Wodonga

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by jins13, 26th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Lots of bites prob.....but....

(keep in mind, I have not been there) asking too high, servo at back fence, prob issues with the house itself.

These three things, or a combo, or 2 alone may be why.

Tony Fleming likes this.
  2. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Nice house! Busy little block with the petrol station, IGA and the funeral parlour - some would like the convenience though.
    However, it does seem to be 'off the market'. Maybe REAs are keeping the ad up to get more enquiries?

3. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Glad you appreciate the house!

Tony66 likes this.
  4. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

That service station is open 24hours, so noise and fumes would be the biggest issue. Getting a tenant in would be another issue altogether. They could get 3 bed brick homes closer to lavington square and in quieter locations for the same rental price.

larrylarry likes this.
  5. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Such a nice house though. Pity.

6. Wanttoretire

Wanttoretire Well-Known Member

Not always so.
    Can get loans...not commercial...on 4 units.

7. Ashory

Ashory Member

Hi All,

I was looking into the Albury market a few months ago but had to put it to the wayside as I wasn't very well.

I've recently picked up looking again and have noticed a few properties that haven't moved despite several around them being sold.

Perhaps you can shed some insight as to why you think something like this may not have sold?

46 Buller Crescent, Thurgoona NSW 2640 - House For Sale - 2012384797

Hoping I can actually get over the fear of making a horrible decision and actually buying my first IP soon, so understanding this would be really helpful.

Thanks.

8. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

I looked at this one in January so will send you a PM about it.

It is in the older part of Thurgoona so it is competing with brand new houses in the estates close by. For an extra 100k you can get a four bedroom brand new brick house. The majority of renters in Thurgoona are young families so they want that brand new house and appliance style property so it will always be a tenants last resort and they are most likely not going to be the type of tenants you want anyway. At that price it would be good for a downsizing couple.

ellejay likes this.
  9. Phill74

Phill74 Well-Known Member

What do people / locals thinks of East Albury? On East Street between North St & Riverina Hwy (but not in Eastern Circuit). I have heard the area is a bit rough, and a lot of housing commission, but not under flight path. Thoughts?

10. yorkie

yorkie Well-Known Member

Hi Phill,
    This is a hill starts down near the roundabout at each end and rises steeply up to the top looking towards the airport had great views over the hills and outskirts of alboru and some on the other side have great views of the city.
    There are some very nice and big houses up there. It's 2 mins into the city and a very nice area.
    Just got to watch the slope on the block with retaining walls and the the like. Do you care to share the no.?
    I've just left the Albury area still have 3 units in south Albury.
    Still have my family and friends there if you need a drive you and some street pics.
    Good luck.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia