NSW Albury/Wodonga

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by jins13, 26th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

Hopefully it happens but I would put money on it not happening for another 20+ years.

2. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Yeah, no one should hold their breath for that sort of thing.

Ideally they would do, Melb to Central West NSW, Central West to Syd, Central West to Bris and a line also from Syd to Canberra that continues to Mel.

But hey, they are building a new Airport supposedly in Sydneys West, yet there will be no fast link to the CBD, let alone a slow line used by every day commuters as well.

I can't see anyone doing anything decent like this, nor decent roadways, but we can dream.

PS did any of you see the speech at the press club today ? The Fed govt. is thinking of more forced dispersing of departments to regional areas & they were finally talking of things that could take pressure off housing markets, getting more people to inland regionals and towns.

ellejay and tommo c like this.
  3. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

Well, "thinking" is a bit strong. The Nationals are (again) pushing and the PM is letting them have a little time in the sun. It will cost >$26m for something as small as the APVMS, and that's only the cash not the loss of staff and time to process stuff. Each Department is likely to come back with either "too hard" or "too expensive" or throw out a function or two that could be dispersed but that, with a proper costing, would turn out to be wholly unsuitable in about 2-3 years time by which the heat will again have gone out of the issue and the Nationals again lacking any power. Cycles...

4. dabbler

Well, I think they need to do it anyway, the CBD idea I think is changing, while Sydney has a very attractive reason to be around the CBD, times are a changing. Maybe :)

5. yorkie

yorkie Well-Known Member

hi cmac here is some units that have been emailed to me look interesting. not sure what the area is like may have to have a drive by. i'm a bit out of town and only been up here from melbourne not long enough to know the pros and cons etc. every one know about lavganistan or stabbington and the 'g'block in springdale heights just mention a few dropped by agents.
    can't seem to tag the link.
    its 209 kiewa st , albury south its vip only so not on the net with craig hucknel at harcourts wodonga.
    will try and link again.(wife is bit more savvy with these things.)

6. Tony Fleming

This one?

Attached Files:

7. dabbler

Damn, I was just starting to wonder how many VIPs there were.

Tony Fleming likes this.
  8. yorkie

yorkie Well-Known Member

Yes. VIP everywhere.
    Ha. Ha small world.

9. yorkie

yorkie Well-Known Member

We're all VIPs aren't we.?

Tony Fleming likes this.
  10. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I like Albury. I dream of owning a house in Albury. :)

Tony Fleming likes this.
  11. Tony Fleming

The little courtyards are a bonus albeit they would be better completely covered. Actually giving tenants some privacy.

12. yorkie

yorkie Well-Known Member

The agent mentioned that the tenants have done that themselves with bamboo screening. He's used old photos he mentioned

13. yorkie

yorkie Well-Known Member

Tis a nice place. I'm half an hour away out in Tallangatta. Got 45 acres overlooking lake Hume. Very serene. But have every thing you get in the city but none of the congestion ....bliss really. Had 10 yrs in Melbourne did my head in the end.

ellejay likes this.
  14. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

45??? Cows? Sheeps? Bee keeping? Can I crash your place next time?

15. JK200SX

JK200SX Well-Known Member

Gonna be driving up to Albury in the next to weeks, and may do a bit of a drive around and look at some of the areas. Can someone give me an indication of what they believe are some of the better areas?

16. dabbler

Half an hour in the country is a long way ! Half an hr in Sydney outside of people in SW gets me about 15ks.

re the VIP thing, I do not think they thing anyone is important, even if you have money to hand over......

17. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Gorgeous spot! We used to live near there, now heading to Myrtleford :)

18. yorkie

yorkie Well-Known Member

Cattle and kangas, prefer the cattle easy to catch and fetch good money. Gonna be renting it out soon January next year, and following Jamie Moore upto the sunshine beach. Any one want to rent 4 beds 2 baths 3 living areas new build with 180 degree views of lake Hume.???? If your coming down Larry will have to be quick. Ha ha. Where did you buy in the end.?

ellejay likes this.
  19. yorkie

yorkie Well-Known Member

Myrtleford is lovely, go over there a bit too. Love the Turkish coffee shop. Its like an Aladdin's cave. Very quirky. Where were you guys prior.?

ellejay likes this.
  20. yorkie

yorkie Well-Known Member

I used to think that when I was in the city. But give me half hour in the country driving past a lake with no traffic lights 5 days a week and it beats the hell out of half hour in the city with road rages and light every 200 mtrs.
    Yes agree on the VIP status has lost its shine nowadays compared to the original concept.