Aircon installer - Brisbane southside

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by eggnog, 20th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. eggnog

eggnog Well-Known Member

Any recommendations for a competitive aircon installer for a property in brisbane southside. Need 3 split systems installed - 1 ground floor and 2 on second floor. All 3 aircon sites already have power in place. An indication of price would be most appreciated.

2. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Watching with the interest... but I need three splits in an upper level QLDer

3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Andy Booth of Booth Air does our work. Lovely chap. I posted what we paid for two sits a week or so ago in another thread. You could find via a search or I will try to find when I'm on my computer (using phone now).

4. eggnog

eggnog Well-Known Member

Hi Wylie. That would be great. Tried searching but couldn't find your post.

5. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

This is the post I was thinking of -

For anyone keen to know prices (at least the prices I paid), we just installed three splits this week. One went in my little office which was a 2kw Mitsubishi Heavy Industries cost $683, installation $755.

In an IP we put in a 7.1kw (big enough to push air through living room into kitchen and dining, and even into a second bedroom), same brand, cost $1574 and a 2.5kw for main bedroom $775 (same house). Installation including electrician for these two was $1540. So, for this IP the cost to add air to pretty much the whole (small) house is $3889.

I looked into dual head systems but separate splits worked better this time.

Interest on the loan to do this is about $3 per week. Extra rent will be minimum extra $20 per week for next lot of tenants.

Andy Booth 0439 330 780

6. devank

devank Well-Known Member

Matt (Coldspace) did a good job for me at Beenliegh. He was on SS but never seen him on PC. PM me if you can't find him.