AirBnB or normal rental

Discussion in 'Airbnb & Short Term Letting' started by Sackie, 26th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

After reading this I would say give it a go and see how it works. You will know after a full year if your busy time compensates for the slower times and if the cleaning and higher costs are outweighed by the better rent.

The only downside I see in the trial is having to outlay to fully furnish it but if you buy carefully you can minimise that cost.

That is what I would do and if I got a good regular income higher than a normal lease, didnt have to clean it myself, (and could manage any empty times) then I would be happy.

Sackie likes this.
  2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Hi @wylie,

Yes i think your right I'll give it a decent go and see how it is after 12 months. There are some good furniture warehouses I'm thinking to buy the furnishings from so reduce outlay. Will be interesting to see how it goes. 1 good thing is the unit has no neighbours, it's the only one on that level.

Gockie likes this.
  3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I got all my furniture from Gumtree but you said it was fully furnished anyway in your first post of the thread... furnishings like cushions, towels I went Target

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

i'd be taking those furnishings to my place - too good to destroy. Target and kmart for the linen stuff sounds good Gockie.