Air conditioning installation - Sydney eastern suburbs

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Ben_j, 12th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ben_j

Ben_j Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm currently in a unit and looking to get an air conditioner installed, I've just got a few questions around the process.

- Is it better to buy a unit separately (JB/ Harvey Norman etc) and have it installed? Or go to a company that sells the units then installs them?

- Also keen to see if anyone has any recommendations for installers that cover the eastern suburbs?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Get a contractor who'll do the lot. I f they're only doing the install then you'll be more reliant on a one man band.

3. rhinsor

rhinsor Well-Known Member

I've purchased two split systems from Harvey Norman in the last two years.

One was $1600, the other $1000 including installation. Installation was only $100 (normally $600) due to some advertisement they had.

Work out what size aircon you want then start looking around. I've seen prices for install only from $300 to $700. These were for standard split system installs.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice