Air Conditioner turns itself off

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by joel, 7th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Your power supply at the board / meter and into the house could be a issue. Inverters are a cheap solution to old 3 phase. But inverters do need high amps and if anything affects that it will drop out. Lights may go on and not much more.

I lost high amps (Ducted AC, oven on two circuits but one meter I recall) and needed a new meter replaced by energy provider. And my earth leakage did something wierd too. Basically something fried the meter and so amps weren't sufficient or some such thing. All In know is the sparkie couldn't fix it but called electricity co and they had it fixed in 2 hrs with new meter.

2. joel

joel Well-Known Member

Turns out it needs a new board and motor - to be fixed under warranty. However my oven still isn't lighting - and this model has terrible reviews, it may be smarter to replace it. Would I need a plumber to remove it and install a new gas oven or just an electrician?

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Is it gas or electric? That might provide a clue (though each can do some minor works in each other's field eg change electric HWS).

4. joel

joel Well-Known Member

Gas. It'll be looked at by Electrolux on Xmas eve, as it's under warranty, but online reviews make me think it may just be a real POS

5. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

If its under warranty get them to look at it and fix it. Sort out out down the track of it is a pos, you may have a good one, only time will tell

6. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Consider getting it fixed under warranty and then onsell on Gumtree. Use the $$$ to buy a better one :p