Air Conditioner Recomendations Perth

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by hematite, 24th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hematite

hematite Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a decent split system to cool my living area in my new development. Im conscious about ensuring it is low noise (for neighbours) and energy efficient.

Ebay is currently doing 20% off coupon for fathers day for a few retailers, and Fujitsu is offering a $150 cashback, so I thought of getting 3x of these units - 3.5kw Fujitsus.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Fuji...-ASTG12KMCA-/111530926559?hash=item19f7c2e1df

Anyone have any split system recommendations? The area it needs to cool is about 33 sqm and will be insulated and only have one external wall (the other wall abutts the adjoining unit and will be double 'double brick')

2. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

Can you bundle the two offers together? If so, that's a pretty good deal.
    I hope these units are good. I bought 28 of them!

3. hematite

Yes, unless my unwell self misunderstands. I believe they are separate offers. It works out to be about $640 per unit.

Wow - 28 of them! Have you had them operating long? Any feedback?

I guess your location gives it away - 'on the ski slopes!'

4. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ive not personally had any issue with fujitsus but ive had 2 different industry folk warn me about them abd also they're meant to be painful to deal with if things go wrong.

I hear good things aabout the usual brands - daikin (althoufh apparently not as foolproof as they used to be ), mitsubishi heavy industries (not electric) and panasonic

5. hematite

Thanks Sanj. I had a Daikin before and it was pretty good, although I just used it and it was maintained by someone else. I've also heard good things about MHI, but I think they would be pricey. My current unit is a hitachi and again, no issues with it, although its used sparingly.

6. Jamie_

Jamie_ Well-Known Member

Daikin definetely has one of the best reputations for the domestic market (for quality), i'd most likely go for one if I needed to upgrade in the near future. No idea how competitive they are on price though.

7. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

Does the price in that link include the discount or $150 off that?
    I'm currently thinking 5kw for mine

8. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

Panasonic are the best bang for buck
    Daikin are better but expensive to buy and service
    Fijitsu are not as good as they used to be. Produced in Thailand now?
    MItsubishi Heavy Industry are pretty good.

These are the only 4 i would install but my preference is Panasonic. Actron are good as well but ducted.

In order of quality (personal opinion)
    1)Actron
    2)Daikin
    3)Panasonic
    4)MHI
    5)Fitjitsu

9. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Yeah ive only heard gokd things about actron butonly ducted and pricy.

I used panasonic splits for my latest project

10. hematite

Hi Mate, with the three discounts including cashrewards the 3.5kw unit ends up being $627.66. Not a bad deal in my eyes.

11. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

I have used Mitsubishi Heavy Industry split systems in existing rentals. And have also had one of these installed to the rental I am in. Can't complain. Works great and no noticeable difference in power bill.

Have put Samsung splits into a new build so will be seeing how these go. Builder supplied and brand was changed from teco due to supplier stock during the build.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia