Air Con replacement in QLD

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by AlbertWT, 23rd Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. AlbertWT

AlbertWT Well-Known Member

People,

I'd like to replace my current broken Aircon unit South East QLD area near Ipwich, does anyone know reasonably priced technician or Aircon supplier ?

My RE agent give me the quote which is quite shocking:

$ 165 to check and inspect the unit only for 1 hour.
    $ 1805 to replace the existing broken unit with Panasonic CS/CU-RE9PKR
    ECONAVI Reverse CS/CU-E9PKR| Panasonic Australia

Does that price normal in QLD area ?

2. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

[email protected] will do an outstanding job with a quality unit. He won't be cheap though. Normally have to choose one out of cheap or good.

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

You forgot, there's also "expensive, unreliable and no good."

4. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

Is this for a IPor PPOR?

Check gumtree - theres a guy in browns plains area with the name mak (search and you will find)
    from $400 to install or $1000 supplied and installed for 2.5k reverse cycle

Had mine at a IP installed for around $860 but i had to pay $50 extra for installation as it was a highset and sourced my own akai unit at bunnings for $410 (approx) by making them to price match ebay but the system is fixed speed but as its for an IP i didnt care

5. devank

devank Well-Known Member

6. AlbertWT

AlbertWT Well-Known Member

Many thanks people for the suggestion.

I'll contact them one by one, normally I bought the AC unit and ask the same shop to install it for a fee. But in this case they charge it too much hence I'm asking here for suggestion.

7. Pash81

Pash81 Well-Known Member

+1 for Mak. Quite good. I have used him as well

8. quop

quop Well-Known Member

Might not be useful to the OP in this instance but may be useful to someone else looking.

1. Depends on what the fault / problem is, and thus what needs to be checked and inspected. I've been quoted $27.50/15min for the labour/time component to check a potential refrigerant issue. The refrigerant itself is $165/kg.

2. is probably a bit high if it's just for a standard back to back installation. A CS/CU-Z9RKR (more common and higher spec version of your unit) retails for $849 at Harvey Norman. An example back to back pricing for supply and install of a CS/CU-Z9RKR (higher spec unit than the one OP mentioned) is $1379 from Snap, so you could price the installation component of the package at $530.

I recently replaced a broken AC with a Z9RKR and the installation cost was $650, but this included decommissioning and disposal of the old unit, and was for a non-standard install which involved an additional 10-12m of piping between the compressor (ground level) and head unit (second storey, more or less on the other side of the home).

Also replaced a downstairs unit with a 7.1kW Panasonic - that was pretty much a standard back to back and cost $500.

The business that did the above work is Andrew Tran's Electrical Services 0408 742 869 [email protected], based in Doolandella but does work all over Brisbane and also as far as Sunshine Coast.

I also had a very competitive quote for the same work from Mark Foulkes of Climatic Control 0499 734 450 [email protected], based in Mermaid Waters (Gold Coast) but services Brisbane.

AlbertWT likes this.
  9. bread_boy

bread_boy Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if this bloke is still around?
    Can't seem to find his contact via gumtree.

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.