Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Air Con replacement in QLD

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by AlbertWT, 23rd Mar, 2016.

1. AlbertWT

AlbertWT Well-Known Member

People,

I'd like to replace my current broken Aircon unit South East QLD area near Ipwich, does anyone know reasonably priced technician or Aircon supplier ?

My RE agent give me the quote which is quite shocking:

$ 165 to check and inspect the unit only for 1 hour.
    $ 1805 to replace the existing broken unit with Panasonic CS/CU-RE9PKR
    ECONAVI Reverse CS/CU-E9PKR| Panasonic Australia

Does that price normal in QLD area ?

2. RPI

RPI Property Lawyer, Town Planner Business Member

craig@renlec.com.au will do an outstanding job with a quality unit. He won't be cheap though. Normally have to choose one out of cheap or good.

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

You forgot, there's also "expensive, unreliable and no good."

4. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

Is this for a IPor PPOR?

Check gumtree - theres a guy in browns plains area with the name mak (search and you will find)
    from $400 to install or $1000 supplied and installed for 2.5k reverse cycle

Had mine at a IP installed for around $860 but i had to pay $50 extra for installation as it was a highset and sourced my own akai unit at bunnings for $410 (approx) by making them to price match ebay but the system is fixed speed but as its for an IP i didnt care

5. devank

devank Look, lets just get on with this, ok? Premium Member

Matt from Cold Space (coldspace1@hotmail.com) did a good job for reasonable price.

6. AlbertWT

AlbertWT Well-Known Member

Many thanks people for the suggestion.

I'll contact them one by one, normally I bought the AC unit and ask the same shop to install it for a fee. But in this case they charge it too much hence I'm asking here for suggestion.

7. Pash81

Pash81 Active Member

+1 for Mak. Quite good. I have used him as well

8. quop

quop Well-Known Member

Might not be useful to the OP in this instance but may be useful to someone else looking.

1. Depends on what the fault / problem is, and thus what needs to be checked and inspected. I've been quoted $27.50/15min for the labour/time component to check a potential refrigerant issue. The refrigerant itself is $165/kg.

2. is probably a bit high if it's just for a standard back to back installation. A CS/CU-Z9RKR (more common and higher spec version of your unit) retails for $849 at Harvey Norman. An example back to back pricing for supply and install of a CS/CU-Z9RKR (higher spec unit than the one OP mentioned) is $1379 from Snap, so you could price the installation component of the package at $530.

I recently replaced a broken AC with a Z9RKR and the installation cost was $650, but this included decommissioning and disposal of the old unit, and was for a non-standard install which involved an additional 10-12m of piping between the compressor (ground level) and head unit (second storey, more or less on the other side of the home).

Also replaced a downstairs unit with a 7.1kW Panasonic - that was pretty much a standard back to back and cost $500.

The business that did the above work is Andrew Tran's Electrical Services 0408 742 869 anhtu_trn@yahoo.com, based in Doolandella but does work all over Brisbane and also as far as Sunshine Coast.

I also had a very competitive quote for the same work from Mark Foulkes of Climatic Control 0499 734 450 mark@climaticcontrol.com.au, based in Mermaid Waters (Gold Coast) but services Brisbane.

AlbertWT likes this.