Air Con in Brisbane Fibro house - Options - recommendations.

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by JK200SX, 15th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JK200SX

JK200SX Well-Known Member

I have an IP that has fibro (asbestos) cladding inside and out. I'm looking at installing an air con in the main living area/kitchen, but all the installers I have spoken to say that they do not install in this situation.

Does anyone have any advice/recommendation on this situation?

I was initially looking at a split system, but may need to look at a different type of unit, ie perhaps a window installed unit, or a portable? What are your thoughts?

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Either install a swamp box or insulate the walls, floors and ceiling before any a/c mob looks at it.

Not having insulation is the equivalent of leaving all of the doors & windows open whilst the air is running ie ineffective

The contractors don't want you coming back to them say that the ac doesn't work and the tenant saying that it doesn't either & costs too much to run.

3. Magnet

Magnet Well-Known Member

Ours is brick with asbestos internal walls. We got a guy to do the asbestos removal for the aircon to be installed and then the aircon guy came to do the installation. From memory it was about $660 for the asbestos removal. Our IP is in QLD.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia