Agents playing games

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Darlinghurst Boy, 19th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Luke T

Luke T Well-Known Member

Offer what you think is fair $560K odd on paper?? - put a 24 hour sunset clause on it ,tell them you will sign within that period otherwise are looking at others after this .Take it or leave it

2. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

stick to the game plan I'd say. plenty of apartments in Darlinghurst or Kings Cross.

3. Agent30yrs.

Agent30yrs. Well-Known Member

Not sure what riles me most about this story. The fact that he is the kind of absolute turd that gives the general public every reason to think what they do about RE's, or any one of the following: ..

1.He's burnt probably the highest and best buyer for his seller, therefore costing them money.

2.If he'd taken a deep breath and given all parties a specific deadline in a couple of days time to get together their highest and best offer, who knows what @Darlinghurst Boy , or anybody else, would have paid ? AND it would be at their best possible contract conditions.

3.This type of catch and kill operator often ranks highly on sites that rate/promote agents based on number of transactions or activity with no regard to the quality of the transaction or result.

Grrrrrrr

Perthguy and WattleIdo like this.
  4. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Actually this is what I did when I got to an impasse.
    Ring the agent to tell him/her that you are interested in another property and get him to show you through. Make it clear how much you like it and how suitable it would be to you. Ask whether the first property is still around. Go home.
    Ring back and ask about the first property. Make your final offer - which should not be the highest offer but maybe hte second offer you made considering the circumstances. But up to you.
    Be really nice and empathetic and explain your position.
    In fact, I'm surprised you can get a place like that so cheaply. Maybe he is having trouble selling it. But don't waste time. You've already got me checking out realestate.com.

5. New Town

New Town Well-Known Member

The derelict out the front was actually the owner and sensed your gullibility

6. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

I personally reckon this is a fabricated story but anyway.

Your first mistake is you showed you had a keen interest on the property and that opened you right up (hope you never intend to play pokie professionally) and the best bargaining position for anyone, is the ability to walk away and mean it- you never truely walked away and allowed yourself to be played.

Secondly, why go for something which is medicore?

Thirdly, spell check please!