QLD Agency recommendation for Northside Brisbane.

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by thunderstrike888, 11th Apr, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Anyone have any recommendations on a agency in North Brisbane to take over the management of my home? Its currently up for rent and to be honest I'm not happy with the current agent.

An agent around the Bald Hills, Bracken Ridge area would be great. Need someone that will get results, reliable and trustworthy. Good communication is a must

Cheers

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  2. The_good_life

The_good_life Well-Known Member

Pillar Property look after our Brisbane north property. Responsive and no dramas in the few years we have engaged with them.

Branden likes this.
  3. Michael Mitchell

Michael Mitchell Property Manager Business Member

4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I can recommend this company. We handed our rentals to them after I'd self-managed for over 40 years. I'm very impressed with the service.

Had we not had a connection already with McAndrews I would have given our rentals to the PMs who've posted (or been mentioned) in the post above but perhaps they don't do northside?

Property Management | McAndrew Group

5. Alex AB

Alex AB Well-Known Member

Tom Rivera likes this.
  6. Branden

Branden Well-Known Member Business Member

I would second this, they have been excellent since they started looking after my own property on the north side.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  7. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone.

Just so I get a gauge of ppls expectations.

Would you all expect at least an update once per week regarding open homes and feedback received? All I got was an automated email with a summary pdf on how many ppl called, how many ppl applied, how many saved the property etc...

Plus the current agent is unresponsive to emails. I've sent the leasing dropbox several mails without a single reply. That to me is just rude.

Also I had to call them to get an update on the progress and the young guy that was supposedly looking after my rental had no idea. He was totally lost when I was asking him questions and it seemed like he was totally disinterested or disconnected from whats happening.

This is a Ray White agency as well. One of the biggest up North. To be honest this is probably one of the worst experiences so far in close to 20 years of investing. I got lured into switching the management to them by their old BDM who was great by the way.

Seems like their ppl and operations have gone downhill.

BradM, Michael Mitchell and Rambo like this.
  8. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

That sounds terrible. I get updates the same day as an open house, and regular updates and an email with a selection of those who have applied for me to consider.

I get an answer to texts within minutes usually, and emails within minutes at times, but always the same day. I don't harass the PM so an email from me is usually something that needs dealing with, and that happens promptly.

So far I'm very impressed.

9. Stingy

Stingy Member

Wait you even get a weekly summary of the open homes and how many people applied/viewed? LOL, I don't even get that. No wonder my house is still rotting on the rental market after 30 days.

10. TheRons

TheRons Well-Known Member

Yes. I would expect prompt communication on the phone. Clear emails.

A small company might be keener to communicate with you.
    I heard these guys can have 400 properties each. I have no idea how they can effectively manage all of them. We went with a company that is trying to grow their business and has less than 200 at the moment.

11. BradM

BradM Well-Known Member Premium Member

That's terrible. You shouldn't have to be chasing so much. This seems to always be the issue. Excellent sales/BDM entices you in and promises the world and then the overloaded PMs can't deliver. Sorry to hear you've experienced this.

12. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

You probably won’t anyway, but don’t go with a chain that sounds quite familiar to “Coronavirus”

Michael Mitchell and BradM like this.