VIC Aged care development behind the property

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by DreamzUnlimited, 10th Aug, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. DreamzUnlimited

DreamzUnlimited Well-Known Member

Hi :

I am currently looking at a property, which is nice in terms of the features and location.

However in the sale of contract, I could see a permit from the council about some construction work related to the aged care just behind the property:

upload_2019-8-10_20-21-27.png
    The aged care is right behind the property across the fence.

Currently it is operational and as per the perming, will have more construction work.

Is this normally a concern? Should I really be fussed about this issue?

Thanks and regards,
    DU

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Do your due diligence, find out what they're doing.

If it's a major expansion & construction works will take 1-2 years. The price is already affected by the known development of the nursing home.

What are they going to be doing? Are they putting up several storeys at the fence line? Those old people can be pretty noisy with their shenanigans (or constant screaming etc from some patients).

Dan Wood likes this.
  3. moridog

moridog Well-Known Member

If this is where I think it i, that is proposed to be. Large development with lots f community opposition, be very careful. It’s correct too, dementia patients can sometimes vocalise for extended periods of time. Consider traffic, deliveries type of facility, exclusively old people?

4. DreamzUnlimited

DreamzUnlimited Well-Known Member

Really no idea yet as I just found out about it. Should I ask the aged care or the council?

Well this is the Assisi aged care expansion in Rosanna. See the image below:

upload_2019-8-11_19-45-58.png
    Property on sale is marked with red. Green line is the fence line. Is this a known issue in the community?

Thanks
    DU

5. moridog

moridog Well-Known Member

Not the one I know of, but, previous comments correct. Council place to begin