Again - some changes in regs to be aware of NSW

Discussion in 'Airbnb & Short Term Letting' started by Lizzie, 27th Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's NSW or everywhere - but received this from my short term rental manager the other day:

Government are being a pain. All short term accommodation needs to have STRA certification by 1st November.
    Essentially we need and evacuation plan, fire extinguishers and blanket, heat sensor in the garage and an emergency booklet that has info such as plumber and sparkle contact numbers for the guests to use. I do not trust guests to be allowed to call tradies, they will probably call if a light bulb blows!!
    Are you ok for me to organise all this? There is an online company doing the booklet for $59 (see below). I can sort the rest
    Short Term Rental Solutions

Half waiting for the day when the government announces a ban on all short term rentals, unless they are a registered hotel/motel ... but until then ... will continue to fund the semi-retirement

Stoffo likes this.
  2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I'd suggest that they have the managing agent's number in there for emergency use not the sparky or plumber.

Lizzie likes this.
  3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

That what she'll be doing ... don't trust guests to apply common sense, especially in wine country

Scott No Mates likes this.