AFRICAS TOP 10 of SHAME

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Chilliblue, 16th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

From another thread where @THX believes that only Islamists in Syria are responsible for all the hate in today's world.

Jean Kambanda: As president of Rwanda at the beginning of the genocide he remained president for the entire 100 days of the conflict between the Tutsis and the Hutus. At the end of that conflict 800 000 people had died.

Joseph Kony:
    As leader of the Lord’s Resistance Army in Uganda Kony was responsible for recruiting child soldiers and at the height of his military campaign aimed at ethnic cleansing was killing on average 1,000 people per week.

Bosco Ntanganda: (Alias The Terminator). After helping to overthrow the Hutu-led government in Rwanda he then helped to overthrow the government of Congo to become the head of their military. He is responsible for somewhere in the region of 800,000 deaths.

Idi Amin: (Alias The Butcher) As the leader of Uganda Idi had a taste for human flesh as a cannibal and 500 000+ people were massacred under his rule.

Omar Hassan Ahmad Al-Bashir: Omar became president of Sudan and used the country’s money to slaughter Africans by the truckloads. He is believed to have killed over 300,00 Sudanese.

Charles Taylor: President of Liberia, set up his own private army and funded rebels in Sierra Leone in exchange for blood diamonds and is responsible for over 220,000 deaths.

Thomas Lubanga: Founder of the Union of Congolese Patriots who fought for control of gold reserves in the DRC. Using child soldiers he ethnically cleansed 60,000 people in his term.

Joshua Blahyi: (alias General Butt Naked) was one of the most feared generals during the Liberian civil war of the 1990’s, where he would charge into battle wearing nothing but shoes believing this made him invincible. He was personally responsible for the slaughter of more than 20 000 people.

Jean-Bedel Bokassa:
    Jean (or as he preferred the Emperor of Central Africa) is believed to be responsible for 100,000's of his people's death and personally slaughtered 100 children who could not afford to buy school uniforms with his emblem on them. Add to that he bankrupted his country with his lavish crowning ceremony.

Robert Mugabe: Even before he came into government Robert had blood on his hands. During the Rhodesian Civil War, Mugabe was responsible for the death of around 20 000 members of the Ndebele tribe while trying his hand at the Dictator go-to, ethnic cleansing.

The list of millions that died above does not take into account the countless human right abuses and the millions more that died of treatable diseases because the countries money was being funnelled elsewhere.

Last edited: 16th Dec, 2015
  2. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

Its hard to "like" a post that lists such epic evil, but yes you are right, evil rises in all sorts of societies, politics and religions.

3. THX

THX Well-Known Member

Really? Thanks for telling me my opinion. Starting with a fallacy is never good.

Now since you've started a new thread (to win an ''internet'' argument :p) about your red herring topic, let's discuss it.

I am of the opinion that first world free democratic nations should attempt to prevent atrocities such as the ones you've listed that occurred on the African continent. If this means militarily so be it.

Now based on your opinion given in the other thread; you do not.

4. Jeah_

Jeah_ Well-Known Member

A former manager of mine was on an expat gig in Kenya when this was happening. He gave me a lot of insight into this.

On average, just a tad under 10000 people a day died. That's the population of a small town. Every day, for almost a hundred days.

Now consider the fact that they weren't very well armed. Most of the killing were with blunt instruments and machetes, people locked in buildings and set fire to.

After him telling me about it, it stayed in my thoughts for a long time. I'm thankful for where I was born and where I live. If that's Aussie white privilege or whatever, I'm grateful for it.

5. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Cambodia lost between 1.7 to 2.6 million people as a result of the Pol Pot regime- 1 million as a result of executions.

It's not restricted to one continent or religion.

mrdobalina likes this.
  6. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

What about all the atrocities committed by the world's superpower? - 'Murica

7. THX

THX Well-Known Member

But do tend to be majority left-wing.

Just baiting you :D

8. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

You'd be hard pressed to find a country that doesn't have some blood on its hands, somewhere in its history. The United States doesn't even come close to the top 10 however.

It's also worth considering where the world would be if the USA hadn't poked its nose in various places. Europe might be either a Nazi or Soviet state. The Pacific might be owned by Japan or possibly China. South Korea and Taiwan wouldn't exist. In more modern history the Balkins states might be more of a mess and who knows where the middle east might be?

My grandfather survived a Nazi concentration camp which was liberated by the United States Army. You couldn't say bad things about the USA in front of him.

John Birmingham wrote an interesting series of books starting with, "After America". Essentially the Continental United States disappears overnight. The rest of the world descends into anarchy within a few months with Australia being one of the more civilised places to live, although under threat from our northern neighbours.

Nobody can argue that the USA has always implemented foreign policy well or for the right reasons. Parts of the Middle East are a mess right now which is in part a result of unnecessary conflicts. There's also a lot of history behind those conflicts that reaches back centuries. Odds are the middle east would be a mess regardless of US actions.

The world would be a much darker place without the USA.

Wall Street, Bayview, Stu and 6 others like this.
  9. THX

THX Well-Known Member

This. People just do not understand this. Imagine a world where the most powerful country on Earth is not on the whole a force for good but a force for evil. A country literally founded on the idea of liberty and freedom, not perfect by any means but so much better than the alternative.

Angel and T.C. like this.
  10. mrdobalina

It's a pity the consequence of the US spreading its version of 'liberty and freedom' results in so much death and destruction.

More than 2 million lives lost in Vietnam. All in the name of halting communism. The country has done pretty well in the last 30 years under communism.

Laos - more bombs were dropped on Laos during the vietnam war than all of WW2 combined. The unexploded ordnances have created a legacy of decades of death and destruction. Laos wasn't even part of the Vietnam war.

America still remains the only nation to use nuclear weapons. Two in fact. On civilian populations.

'Murica. Hurrah.

11. THX

THX Well-Known Member

blah blah blah usual anti U.S. crap. Bet you're a 9/11 truther as well.

12. mrdobalina

No. I'm just a realist.

13. THX

THX Well-Known Member

I'll take that as a yes.

14. mrdobalina

Uh ok. You obviously don't understand what no means.

15. THX

THX Well-Known Member

Oh I do, I just believe you are lying. You're not a realist, all you have is typical anti U.S. diatribes and conspiracies.

Last edited: 16th Dec, 2015
  16. monty

monty Well-Known Member

Yeah, so they didn't have to invade Japan at the cost of their own citizens lives, of which they had already lost plenty.

17. mrdobalina

As opposed to invading Iraq to 'liberate' their oil? Or liberating Vietnam from communism?

I wonder why you never hear of the US liberating any African nations, since so much atrocies occur there.

18. THX

THX Well-Known Member

That didn't take long, here comes the conspiracy theories. I better not mention Israel, your head might explode.

Bayview likes this.
  19. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

oh i can't WAIT to hear the real "truth", @THX , please, enlighten the forum.

[​IMG]

mrdobalina likes this.
  20. THX

THX Well-Known Member

lol really? Al Qaeda terrorists hijacked 4 planes, flew 2 into the WTC which caused their collapse, one into the Pentagon and the last crashed in Shanksville after the passengers bravely fought back.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia