AFR telling it like it is on ANZ…

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by marty998, 3rd Dec, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. marty998

marty998 Well-Known Member

Things still getting worse at ANZ

51 days to process a mortgage application!

you could buy and flip and buy again in that time with other banks.

Article goes on about the failures of their digital transformation over the last 5 years.

Gockie, Peter_Tersteeg and Terry_w like this.
  2. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

There are reasons to write ANZ loans, they do have some niches. However given a choice there are a lot of lenders I'd recommend over ANZ and indeed any of the Big 4 banks. The bottom line is they've become monolithic institutions that don't treat anyone particuarly well.

3. Tony Xia

Tony Xia Structured Loan Advisor Business Member

Hit and miss with them, some apps are taking 15 days. While some apps are taking 5.

I believe their internal scoring determines which queue they go in.

4. dzzz

dzzz Member

I've got an application in with ANZ at the moment and a contract on hand and ANZ's quoted time is really stressing me out. It's been with them for a number of weeks prior to signing a contract and they're still saying that it's going to take several weeks for them to even look at my application.

5. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting on my ANZ loans to settle via a broker. I have never had the bank receiving the business take this long and so incompetent.

I have been advised the delay was due to their priority to settle the government loans before the end of the year, which I consider this statement an insult as they are essentially telling me that I am not a priority to them. Additionally, these loans have been in motion since Oct 2021 which exceeds the 51 days for them to process a loan.

6. Sanka

Sanka Well-Known Member

ANZ service doesn't improve much unfortunately as it takes ages to get through on the phone. Branches are okay but otherwise they are severly lacking. CBA atleast they have the call back option so even if they are busy you don't have to listen to hold music for 2 hours. Would only go to ANZ if no other choice!