Advisor and planner independent

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by L3ha7, 10th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Independent financial planner or advisor

1. Give it a go

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Waste of money

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Me and my wife have been searching for a good Independent financial planner or advisor. We have performed several searches and gone through moneysmart website, choice website. With all the information what me found we shortliated some and then check their websites got very discouraged as they have set criteria regarding who they can work with e.g. people about to retire, prpfessional couple who earn $ 300K pa, people who inheriated money etc and there is no fee structure given ( this is just a general overview of what i understood).

Could anyone please advise on any giod financial planner or ahare their experience.

Thanks in advance.

2. Michael_X

Michael_X Mortgage Broker Business Member

Hi Newfast,

I used Alex Straker for my financial planning. He is based on the Gold Coast. Details below:

Alex Straker
    Practice Principal
    How to Retire Early
    [email protected]

Cheers,
    Michael

L3ha7 and bob shovel like this.
  3. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

We have a financial planner and an accountant so both review each others work. Unfortunately both are not taking on new clients.

Most planners should offer one free meeting as general get to know you so well worth talking and interviewing a few. What makes a good planner for one person is not the same for another.

L3ha7 likes this.
  4. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

I'm taking a DIY approach, leveraging the great discussion in this forum - much like I have been doing for property. If doing this though, it's important to learn key investment concepts and key factors to consider for understanding and managing risk.

I only get specific advice, where needed - mainly for accounting / tax issues.