Advice on creating an expression of interest to sell blocks of land we are speculating on.creating

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by P j T, 4th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. P j T

P j T Well-Known Member

To all,
    I have posted in another section about this regarding the expenses we can claim on the sale of these. Terry_w has been most helpful.
    The wife and I have some blocks of land in SW Sydney we have purchased , these will be ready for registration 4th quarter this year.
    Before we actually put them to market I was wondering how we can obtain an idea of their worth and somehow obtain an expression of interest.
    What would be the best medium?
    With the right offer we would be happy to sell.

2. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

My advice would be to hit the market in full force with your marketing campaign. No use drip feeding them to the market, give it everything you've got and get them sold in the first 30 days.

Last edited: 5th Jan, 2016
  3. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Peter, have a talk to a few of the agencies around the area to attain a feel of the price and demand for the blocks. Maybe even engage in a valuer independently to give you a clear idea of what they may be worth.

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

If it were me i would get a valuation on the land and then also work out what will most likely be built on it ,profit margins the person could make. Then i would try to get a premium for the site due to that factor. Developers would pay a small premium for the land if they know they can still make a good profit margin. If its not for developers and really for family home build buyers then base your listing of valuation/recent sales for similar. I would talk to a couple REAs as well to try to get their feedback re price, most likely demographic to buy it ect.

5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Technically you would be competing with yourself really. Not saying its not a good idea but just something to be mindful of. It may be better to add stock to the market slowly. Not sure really. Would depend on the market/demand etc. just my opinion.

btw love your avatar pic. Reminds me of my Mayagi days..:)

6. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

A very simple way would be a simple small sign inside the fence line depending on what laws your local council with a simple sign,saying for sale with your phone number,old style but you won't get the volume,but it will give you an idea on value prior too the blocks going on the market later this year,,.imho..

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia