NSW Advice needed!

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by natalie86, 26th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

If you have maxed out your borrowing limit, $400k that you have would be well spent buying a potential (future) development site. Something that you can just buy and hold now, ideally cashflow positive. Look to Brisbane and outskirts just be careful of pockets that are saturated with hungry investors ( finding and competing for a potential development site will be tough ). Adelaide might also be worth a look.

You might not have the serviceability now to do a development, but with time, equity and growth in income it could be something you could do later.

Get along to one of @Be Developer 's development nights. Useful info.

natalie86 and Esh like this.
  2. natalie86

natalie86 Member

Hahaha these responses are killing me.. What have I gotten myself into!

ARC, dan_89 and Brian84 like this.
  3. natalie86

natalie86 Member

@strongy1986 - thanks for the advice! I know a lot of people say to stay away from Caboolture, but my Emerton property was also scraping the bottom of the barrel with several housing commisions on the street, a drug dealer across the road, and a semi-vandalised house next door. Still managed to make a nice profit though! Will look into Thornside and surrounding areas, thanks for the reply :)

4. natalie86

natalie86 Member

Thanks for the suggestions - I've never even thought of Adelaide but will look into it!

5. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Yes! I am going to that in late September. Good to know some basics.

6. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Of course it's possible to make money on areas like Caboolture etc. They won't be Hi socio economic areas buy the prices also reflect that.
    It will depend on your individual risk profile.

natalie86 likes this.
  7. 380

380 Well-Known Member

not sure if it is beauty or brain or both pushing the post count on thread!:)

whatever it is.. keep it going.. some interesting info!

Soul, MJS1034, Tekoz and 2 others like this.
  8. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Possibly... But given that this thread is competing with the let's hype brisbane thread for number one spot, I dont like it's chances.. :)

natalie86 likes this.
  9. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Mostly guys on the forum, talking a lot about Ashley Madison.com...
    You get the picture.. :)

10. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

with those increase in that short time-frame for the 2770/Campbelltown, I would love to her to be my mentor...

Caboolture has a really good rezoning upcoming so don't discard it. Good development lot for MUD at a fraction of the price.
    Why on earth would you consider build multidwelling in such low social economic area you may ask. I would say the same thing for Emerton few years ago, but so much today

Last edited: 27th Aug, 2015
  11. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

I thought you meant manly seagulls or whatever they are lol

12. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

natalie86 said:
    Hahaha these responses are killing me.. What have I gotten myself into!

You don't want to know lol. I bet it's not what you were expecting. I didn't even know there was this many vultures on the forum :D:D

ej89 likes this.
  13. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

Yeah but Sydney is a hell of a lot bigger population wise than Brisbane
    Maybe when Brissys population hits 5 mill then a place like caboolture will have great growth. I think these crappy places in Sydney had good growth because there were no other cheap viable suburbs left for people to live in
    No supply!
    JDP - yeah it's great if you find a development site , my advice was just general buy and hold stuff as that is what she was asking about
    I would buy in caboolture if I found a site with potential for multi dwelling

Whitecat and natalie86 like this.
  14. Aaronjod

Aaronjod Well-Known Member

The only other thing I would consider in your strategy is land tax. Keep buying in Sydney and you might tip it. Speak to an accountant and they can tell you more. I don't think you shouldn't buy because of it, only mentioning it so you are aware.

But like the rest of the guys my dibs are on Brisbane. Although townhouses on your Campbelltown property if do-able and the numbers work would be my first priority.

Brian84 and natalie86 like this.
  15. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Sash say's Sydney..down turn is beginning..2018-2019 will present opportunities..

I wouldn't be sticking to Sydney at this point in time, but that's just me

Phantom likes this.
  16. Sergio Salcedo

Sergio Salcedo New Member

Well First of all Natalie your beauty and intelligence can't be compared.
    and a big congrats for what you have archived so far.
    Now it is up to you what your next move is, most of the people from this forum rather invest outside of Sydney and like to drag people with them.
    It is a pity that members from this forum just join to gain some business (clients), pretend to give you some advise but just to make you contact them, such as mortgage brokers, financial advisers, developers, real estate agents and so on,
    What I would recommend you is to go with someone that you don't know so you can tell him what are you after and not what do they for you, makes things easier and simpler,
    You might want to stay and invest in Sydney still but people have different mindsets, and just by comments your mind can change drastically, is better to do something that you would be confident with, and not be brainwashed.
    Do your homework Natalie. you are way a head of a lot of people.

Whitecat and natalie86 like this.
  17. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

Hi Natalie, it is unfortunate that some people cannot help themselves but talk about how pretty someone is and I really don't care what your picture looks like.

It would of been interesting to see how people would of responded with a generic profile pic and then change it.

Re your situation, I agree with others that Sydney has probably got a higher chance of going backward then upwards over the next year or two. Perhaps look elsewhere which would also increase your diversification by investing in another state.

Whitecat, neK, Brian84 and 2 others like this.
  18. Chris White

Chris White Well-Known Member

I agree, something in Brisbane over 1000sqm - cash-flow positive with development upside for down the track.

You can still buy these under $400k.

I think there will also be CG as well over the next few years.

19. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Are these areas within 20km of Brissie? That's huge block!

natalie86 likes this.
  20. natalie86

natalie86 Member

@Chris White I'm wondering the same thing, can't find anything of this size for under 400k!

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.