Advice needed, didn’t get my house documents yet

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Yaniv, 19th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Yaniv

Yaniv New Member

Hi guys,

I am new in here so please be soft with me.
    We purchased our new house (new built) few months ago and the developer (the previous owner) is off the grid and not answering our calls or emails.
    We havnt got the house documents yet - the certificates for gas,electricity and water + the appliances warranty and manuals + house built plans.
    My neighbour which bought the same house as ours got all of these documents once entered the house. I was told that in our case the developer switched agencies so the folder is with him.
    My agent says that he never got those files, i also contacted the builder and he is saying that he forwarded the documents to the developer.
    I don’t know what can i do from here, and if there is any legalisation for it. How can i chase him and make him forward me the house documents?
    Any advice will be much appreciated.

Cheers!
    Yaniv

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Fair Trading likely handles minor consumer claims under consumer law for warranties and builder issues.

Its not normal for a builder to provide plans. Council searches will give you access to copies (for a fee). Appliance warranties may also be dealt with by Australian Consumer Law rather than the concept of receipts and invoices as proof of acquisition etc.