SA Adelaide rising suburbs article by Terry Ryder

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by D.T., 28th Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. ollidrac nosaj

ollidrac nosaj Well-Known Member

Adelaide house prices soar into 2022 - InDaily

“However it is no longer just the predictable affluent areas leading the way. The outer-north and south are keeping pace."

"It comes as interstate arrivals continue to put heat into the Adelaide real estate market, with a tripling in SA house purchases by New South Wales and Victorian buyers"

"Adelaide also currently has the least amount of available rental space of any Australian capital city, with a rented dwelling vacancy rate of just 0.6 per"

Adelaide is moving on very strong fundamentals. I can see it outperforming expert predictions of a cool down in 22.

Dave Radelaide and NickWCBA like this.
  2. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

watching this very carefully.

Hopefully it starts well in 2022. Can Adelaide shake off its slow and steady history? Is it possible to see it skyrocket?

ollidrac nosaj likes this.
  3. NickWCBA

NickWCBA Well-Known Member

I’d be surprised if it didn’t rocket even more. There is absolutely no stock on market! Particularly inner city suburbs where stock levels are anecdotally lower than this time last year.
    It will be interesting to see what happens when stock levels increase after the Christmas break.

ollidrac nosaj likes this.
  4. Dave Radelaide

Dave Radelaide Well-Known Member

Couple of interesting tests of the upper end of the Fullarton market - 94 and 70 Wattle Street:

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-fullarton-138755163
    REA quoting 2.75-2.85m. I expect 94 will go for around this as for 3m in the area would expect something a bit bigger and more private - it is quite open to the school just across the road.

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-fullarton-138934223
    Quoting over 2m. Bigger block (1400m2 vs 1100) and better spot but 70 needs renovation. Buyer could easily spend 1m on renovation/extension so again much over 2m starts to look bullish. On the other hand, the renovated result would be significantly superior to 94 Wattle and there have been several >3m sales nearby.

A couple of ~50% annualised profits from 13/15 month later resales where nothing had been done:

$1,300,000 December 2020 resold for $2,159,000 at auction - 66% gain (~50% annually)
    https://m.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-sa-kensington-132879190

$920,000 February 2021 resold for $1,382,000 - 50% gain.
    https://www.realestate.com.au/prope...ep-pdp|sold-pdp:property-history-cta#timeline

The market is very strong.

Last edited: 30th Mar, 2022
    NickWCBA likes this.
  5. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

racism? try REVERSE racism in the NT. you aint seen nothing! it'll take decades even lifetimes for that **** to go away!

6. Dave Radelaide

enoxaparin likes this.
  7. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

As DT has been saying , it’s a normal cycle . Prices go sideways for a long period of time and then boom .

that’s what’s happening and glad to be part of it .

Our CBA loan on our MV property updates their valuation on a regular basis and it’s being going up very nicely .

It’s not going to come down to previous levels and people who have bought recently will still make money .

cliff

D.T. likes this.
  8. devank

devank Well-Known Member

@D.T. helped me source a house in Morphett Vale in late 2015. Bought it for $235K. Desktop value is ~$390K. That's about steady 7.5% growth per year. It is nice to have one or two just tick along regardless of whatever happens in the world :)

D.T. likes this.
  9. Dave Radelaide

So just to follow up, 70 Wattle fetched 2.6m at auction today. Bullish price if its to be renovated (94 was 2.65m) but I wonder if its likely been bought to redevelop perhaps as 4 townhouse - in which case 2.6m is good value especially as a 884m2 corner block in Frewville for 2 townhouses sold for 1.94m.

https://www.domain.com.au/8-knox-street-frewville-sa-5063-2017710369

10. Perky29

Perky29 Well-Known Member

11. NickWCBA

ollidrac nosaj and Kriv like this.
  12. Dave Radelaide

enoxaparin likes this.
  13. magloop

magloop Member

speaking of this, any idea why this frewville (fake) corner block that sat offmarket for a few weeks before sold for an absolute bargain???

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-residential+land-sa-frewville-203351403

bordering on the new glenside estate and behind foodland but even then, build 2 semidetached and this is easily profitable

14. Dave Radelaide

What price?
    Knox street a better location and I felt that the sale price was extremely high and something closer to 1.5 would have been more in keeping with market.

15. magloop

magloop Member

around 1.1m

16. magloop

magloop Member

yep! considering this went for 1.7 but has a big gum in the back so dunno what theyre planning to build there

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-sa-myrtle+bank-139379299

17. magloop

magloop Member

Attached Files:

18. NickWCBA

I wouldn’t want my home facing a shopping centre. That would definitely impact the price. Certainly cheap though!

Dave Radelaide likes this.
  19. ollidrac nosaj

ollidrac nosaj Well-Known Member

NickWCBA likes this.
  20. NickWCBA

I feel like the frenzy buying has slowed. Be interesting to see what happens when the weather improves.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice